Zoom H1 V2 - Handy Portable Digital Recorder
The Zoom H1 V2 is an easy to use, pocket-sized portable audio recorder with an integrated X-Y stereo microphone and data storage with microSD and microSDHC cards. A single AA alkaline battery can provide 10 hours of recording.
As part of Zoom’s ‘H’ range of recorders, which includes the H2n and the H4n, the H1 offers dual channel, stereo recording with two unidirectional condenser microphones crossing each other on the same axis to create an X/Y pattern. This enables the captured sound to create the depth and distance of what you are recording, since they are both the same distance from your subject.
Recordings can be made in either WAV or mp3 format, using the onboard microphones or the H1’s stereo line input, which has an input level control. These options, as well as a low cut filter for reducing unwanted background noise, give you full control of the sound quality of your recordings.
The Zoom H1 is ideal for journalists as well as musicians, due to the fact that it records in Broadcast Wave Format (BWF), which brands each recording with the date and time created, while up to 99 track markers or cue points can be added to each recording.
Although the H1 comes with a 2GB microSD Card, microSDHC Cards can be used to increase storage space to as much as 32GB, and when you want to move your recordings from the H1, transferring them to a computer is easy with the unit’s built-in mini-USB port and the optional USB cable.
There’s a built-in speaker as well as a line/headphone output jack for monitoring and reference, and easily accessible buttons on the side of the unit help to navigate through each recording. The H1 can record for up to 10 hours using a single AA alkaline battery, cementing its status as a truly portable recorder.
Zoom H1 V2 Features
- Incredible professional sound recording with ultra portability.
- Dual-channel recording using 2 Unidirectional Condenser mics arranged in X/Y pattern to record specific subject in stereo.
- Record in mp3 or WAV format.
- Mic/Line Input, Input Level Controls and Low Cut Filter.
- Up to 10 hours of battery life from a single AA battery.
- Transfer recordings over USB.
- Onboard editing lets you delete unwanted recordings. Quickly change recording setup on the onboard switches.
- External media – 2GB MicroSD card included, or MicroSDHC Card (4GB to 32GB) to increase storage.
- Tripod mountable.
- Simultaneous Recording Tracks: 2
- Simultaneous Playback Tracks: 2
- Functions: Lo-cut Filter, Auto REC Level, Marker
- Recording Format: WAV (Quantization: 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48/96kHz) MP3 (Bit Rate: 48/56/64/80/96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps, Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz
- Playback Format: WAV （Quantization: 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48/96kHz) MP3 (Bit Rate: 32/40/48/56/64/80/96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps, Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48kHz)
- A/D Conversion: 24bit, 128times oversampling
- D/A Conversion: 24bit,128times oversampling
- Signal Processing: 32bit
- Recording Media: microSD card (16MB - 2GB), microSDHC card (4GB - 32GB)
- Display: 127 segment custom LCD (with backlight)
- Built-in Stereo Mic: Unidirectional condenser microphone
- Gain: 0 to +39dB ( Minimum gain with digital attenuation: -28dB)
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 120dB SPL
- Mic / Line Input: 1/8" stereo phone jack (Plug-in power supported)
- Input impedance: 2kΩ (Input level: 0 to -39dBm)
- Phones / Line Output: 1/8" stereo phone jack
- Output Load Impedance: 10kΩ or more
- Rated Output Level: -10dBm
- Phones Output Level: 20mW + 20mW into 32Ω load
- Built-in Speaker: 400mW 8Ω
- USB Interface: Mini-B type (USB2.0 High Speed compatible), Mass Storage Class operation
- Power Requirements: LR6 or Ni-MH AA battery x 1, or AC adapter (AD-17, USB to AC type)
- Battery Life (LR6 batteries): 10 hours (MP3), 9.5 hours (WAV)
- Dimensions: 44(W) x 136(D) x 31(H)mm vWeight: 60g (without batteries)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Zoom SKU SZOOH1S Model H1V2 GTIN 0884354009250 Single or Pair N/A