Zoom F8 kit
The Zoom F8 kit is a heavy duty, high quality, 8 channel portable recorder and carry case, perfect for any professional film maker. The Zoom F8 allows you to record 8 signals at 24-bit/192 kHz while still sending out or receiving time-code. It's compact and rugged so you can take it on location and not worry about where to place it, how long you will be carrying it or if it might get damaged, this recorder is built to last. Featuring Zoom's finest mic preamps the F8 has an ultra low noise floor and a high gain so you won't have to worry about internal noise in affecting your audio.
High-resolution audio and advanced limiters
The F8 can record at 24-bit/192 kHz resolution and is equipped with onboard limiters designed to provide overload protection. Limiting can be applied to all 8 channels simultaneously at full resolution, with 10dB of headroom and controls for setting threshold, attack, and release.
Time code with pinpoint accuracy
The F8’s time code is state-of-the-art. It utilities a Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) that generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy, enabling rock-solid syncing of audio and video.
Weight and build
The F8 is not only versatile and feature rich, it is the smallest field recorder with eight XLR combo inputs ever made. Weighing just 2.1 pounds (without batteries), its aluminium chassis is both rugged and durable.
Sound professionals sometimes work in dusty, hard-to-see environments. Level meters with adjustable brightness and its 2.4 inch full-color backlit LCD (which can be set to monochrome mode), make the F8 easy to use in any environment — from low-light to direct sunlight.
Zoom PCF-8 case included
The PCF-8 protective case is the perfect production accessory for the ZOOM F4 and ZOOM F8 MultiTrack Field Recorder. The lightweight and versatile bag offers top, side, and bottom access to the unit. With water-resistant construction and a removable clear-windowed cover, you can keep an eye on the bright F4/F8 screen without the risk of getting it wet or covered in dust.
- Input connectors: XLR/TRS combo jacks (XLR: 2 hot, TRS: TIP hot)
- XLR input gain: +10 – +75 dB
- XLR input impedance: 3.3 kΩ
- XLR maximum input level: +14 dBu (at 0 dBFS, limiter ON)
- XLR phantom power: +24/+48V 10 mA maximum for each channel
- XLR THD: 0.009% max (1kHz, 22Hz-22kHz BW, Input Gain min, -10dBu input)
- TRS input gain: −10 – +55 dB
- TRS input impedance: 28 kΩ
- TRS maximum input level: +34 dBu (at 0 dBFS, limiter ON)
- TRS THD: 0.010% max (1kHz, 22Hz-22kHz BW, Input Gain min +10dBu input)
- Equivalent input noise: −127 dBu or less (A-weighted, +75 dB input gain, 150Ω input)
- Frequency characteristics: 10 Hz – 80 kHz +0.5 dB/−1 dB (192 kHz sampling rate)
- A/D dynamic range: 120 dB typ (−60 dBFS input, A-weighted)
- Crosstalk: −90 dB or less (between adjacent channels, 1 kHz)
- MIC IN: ZOOM mic capsule input (use disables Inputs 1/2)
- SLATE MIC: Built-in mic for voice memos can freely be assigned to tracks
- D/A dynamic range: 106 dB typical (−60 dBFS input, A-weighted)
- Supported formats: 44.1/47.952/48/48.048/88.2/96/192 kHz, 16/24-bit, mono/stereo/2-10 ch poly, BWF and iXML
- Main unit: 7.0 in. (W) × 5.5 in. (D) × 2.1 in. (H)
- Main unit only: 2.1 pounds (960 g)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Zoom SKU SZOOF8KIT Model ZOOF8KIT GTIN 00884354015374 Single or Pair N/A
£499.00 (inc. vat) £415.83 (ex. vat)
£600.00 (inc. vat) £500.00 (ex. vat)
£49.00 (inc. vat) £40.83 (ex. vat)
£589.00 (inc. vat) £490.83 (ex. vat)