Universal Audio 6176 Channel Strip & Neumann U87 Ai Switchable Condenser Microphone Inc. EA87 Shockmount Bundle
This bundle includes the Universal Audio 6176 channel strip and the industry standard Neumann U87ai large diaphragm microphone.
Universal Audio 6176 Channel Strip
The Universal Audio 6176 combines one channel of the 610 amplifier with an updated 1176LN. The 610 amplifier is packed with features, such as Mic, Line and Hi-Z inputs, two bands of shelving EQ, and a 15dB pad. The 1176 side maintains all the same features found on the Classic 1176LN. Each unit has dedicated ins and outs and can be used independently in "Split" mode, or as a complete channel in "Join" mode.
Advances in digital recording technology are providing users with tremendous power and flexibility for increasingly less money. All too often, however, the audio quality of these systems is limited by their input stages. Many users who demand the power and flexibility of today's recording technology find themselves yearning for the warmth and tone of yesteryear's hand-built analog circuitry. Now with the release of the Universal Audio 6176, Universal Audio, for the first time, combines their highly acclaimed 610 tube microphone preamp with their legendary 1176LN compressor to create the ultimate single channel signal path for everything from vocals to vibraphones.
610B Mic Pre
The 2-610 microphone and instrument preamplifier has received praise from many corners. Michael Cooper, in his review for Mix Magazine, called it "hands-down, the most dimensional mic preamp I've ever heard..." Peter Wade, engineer/producer who has worked with acts ranging from Wyclef Jean to Jennifer Lopez, said simply, "This box rocks." The Universal Audio 6176 mic preamp sections maintains the quality and character of the 2-610 while adding high-tension power regulation for improved bass response and a front-panel 15db pad switch.
1176LN Limiting Amplifier
The 1176LN may well be the most loved compressor in history. Its trademark lightning-quick attack and release times and the tone of it's Class A output amplifier have enhanced countless recordings over the last thirty-five years. We've recreated the 1176LN for the compressor section of the Universal Audio 6176 with the same exacting, attention to detail and tradition we use on our 1176LN. The resulting character, heritage and tone simply cannot be found on other channel strip units. What's All-Button Mode? Find out at inSync, our weekly newsletter!
Universal Audio 6176 Features
- Classic Sound of the Legendary 610 Modular Console
- Variable Input Gain and Output Levels
- Ultra Quiet Operation
- Mic, Balanced Line, and Hi-Z Inputs
- Multiple Impedance Settings
- Classic EQ
- Classic 1176LN Compression
- Stereo Interconnection via 1176-SA
- Use Mic Pre & Compressor Seperately ("Split") or in Series ("Join")
Neumann U87 AI with shock mount - Nickel
The Neumann U87 Ai Studio Set includes the large diaphragm, multi-pattern condenser U87 Ai mic with a nickel finish, a wooden box (for the microphone only) and the EA87 nickel elastic supension shockmount.
The Neumann U87 presents a wide range of features and versatility that make it to one of the most desirable mics available. Well-known for its warm and well balanced characteristics - your perfect choice as vocal microphone for all types of music and speech. The usage as main microphone for orchestra recordings or as spot mic for single instruments make it the most general-purpose microphone - in studios, for broadcasting, film and television.
The U 87 is equipped with a large dual-diaphragm capsule with three directional patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8. These are selectable with a switch below the headgrille. A 10 dB attenuation switch is located on the rear. It enables the microphone to handle sound pressure levels up to 127 dB without distortion. Furthermore, the low frequency response can be reduced to compensate for proximity effect.
Neumann U87 AI Features
- Variable large diaphragm microphone
- Pressure-gradient transducer with double membrane capsule
- The studio microphone classic
- Three directional characteristics: omni, cardioid, figure-8
- Switchable low frequency roll-off
- Switchable 10 dB pre-attenuation
- Ideal as main and as support microphone in the most differing recording situations
Neumann U87 AI Specifications
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Omnidirectional, cardioid, figure-8 plus
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 20/28/22 mV/Pa1)
- Rated impedance: 200 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR2): 26/23/25 dB1)
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted2): 15/12/14 dB-A1)
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR2) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 68/71/69 dB1)
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted2) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 79/82/80 dB1)
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%3): 117 dB (cardioid)
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5% with preattenuation3): 127 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 390 mV
- Dynamic range of the microphone amplifier (A-weighted): 105 dB
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 0.8 mA
- Matching connectors: XLR3F
- Weight: 500 g
- Diameter: 56 mm
- Length: 200 mm
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Universal Audio SKU SSCPUA6176U87 Model 6176-U87ai GTIN NA Single or Pair N/A
£1,918.80 (inc. vat) £1,599.00 (ex. vat)
£1,899.00 (inc. vat) £1,582.50 (ex. vat)
£2,265.00 (inc. vat) £1,887.50 (ex. vat)
This product is currently unavailable
Contact us to discuss sourcing this or a similar product.