The TUBE-TECH SMC 2B Stereo Multiband Compressor features three independent optical stereo compressors. The signal is divided into three bands (Low, Mid & High) by 6 dB/octave x-over networks with variable frequencies: 60-1200 Hz for Low/Mid band and 1,2-6 kHz for the Mid/High band.
The design of the x-over networks optimizes the summing of all three bands, resulting in a flat frequency response (within +/-0,25 dB), when the gain controls for each band are set at the same level. The three compressors feature Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release and Gain and a display showing gain reduction. Master levels are set with Output Gain and Balance controls.
Both Input and Output are balanced and have fully floating transformers with a static screen. The power supply and the sidechain circuit is based on a solid state circuit. With the exception of the output stage all DC voltages are stabilised.
SMC 2B Features
- The world's only all tube based multiband compressor design
- Three bands per channel with variable crossover frequencies between bands
- Stereo sidechain with variable Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release and Gain controls for all three bands
- Master Output Gain (off to +10 dB)
- Balance Control (+/-1,5 dB)
- LED display showing compression
- Freq. response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 60 kHz
- Low noise: < -60 dBu @10 dB gain
- Conductive plastic potentiometers
- Clickless bypass relay
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Tube-Tech SKU STUBSMC2B Model Tube-Tech SMC2B GTIN N/A Single or Pair N/A