Thermionic Culture and AEA - Bundle
This Thermionic Culture and AEA bundle provides you with professional quality stereo recording. Included in this bundle is the AEA N8 matched pair ribbon microphones and the Rooster 2 from Thermionic Culture. The Thermionic Culture Rooster 2 is a 2 channel all valve preamp with EQ and distortion controls. It is designed for a wide range of applications and can produce a large range of tones, harmonic distortion and subtle dynamic control. The AEA N8 stereo kit is everything you need to get a great stereo recording. The N8 ribbon microphone was designed to be the most open sounding ribbon microphone ever made. The N8 is the perfect ribbon mic for drum overhead or room mics, strings, orchestras and much more.
AEAs NUVO Series Stereo Kit enables serious musicians and engineers to rapidly set up and accurately record in stereo on a single stand. The NUVO Stereo Kit consists of two matched N8s, and comes with all of the accessories necessary to easily configure the figure-eight microphones in Blumlein and near-coincident. Similar to the AEA's Stereo R88, the N8 was designed to capture the natural tonality of an instrument with the least amount of coloration possible. Using AEA's new SMS Stereo Bar and NUVO Microphone Coupler enables the user to arrange their N8s in a precise and accurate Blumlein array.
The pre-amp section of the Rooster can be used to add gain to mic, line or DI input signals. The double triode input valve (12AX7) provides a smooth sounding gain stage after the balancing input transformer.48 volts can be applied to phantom powered mics by using the special toggle switch. The DI input bypasses the transformer to give a suitable high impedance unbalanced input.
- Designed with singer-songwriters, musicians, and home studios in mind
- Top end clarity of a condenser with a ribbon’s smoothness
- Custom German toroidal transformer for 12dB more gain
- Highly protected ribbon for close-up use and live use with minimal proximity effect
- Phantom powered electronics for optimal performance with any preamp
- All valve signal path.
- Sowter Transformer balanced ins and outs.
- Unique 2 channel clean mic. amps with 'Attitude' control.
- Option of 2 settings to select type of introduced distortion.
- Versatile eq. with 'varislope' control of top and bass lift.
- 48v Phantom Power switchable to one or both.
- Phase invert switch on both channels.
- Mic./line and DI input.
- Low pass filter.
- High Pass filter.
- Low noise, High gain and High output level.
- Made in England
Measurements are made at typical ‘Attitude’ setting ‘2’. in Pentode mode with an output of +4dBu. Measurements made with AC mains input 236V 50Hz. Load resistance is 10kΩ.
- Available gain (dB)
- Mic: 56 (87 with Attitude at max. (P))
- Line: 24
- Frequency response ±1dB: 10Hz to 45kHz
- Distortion (THD @ 1kHz): ≤0.05%
- Noise (unweighted, 30kHz filter): ≤95dB below MOL
- MOL (2% THD @1kHz): ≥+25dBu
- Phase shift: 24º (6.6%) at 10kHz
- Input impedance
- Mic: 1kΩ
- Line: 10kΩ
- DI: 100kΩ unbalanced
- Output impedance: 200Ω
- Included: Storage / shipping case, microphone stand clip, custom protective mic sleeve, user manual
- Limited Warranty: One year parts and labour, shipping not included. Three year extended warranty if the product is registered.
- Height: 8.83” (32.4 cm)
- Width: 1.62” (4.1 cm)
- Depth: 1.62” (4.1 cm)
- Ribbon Thickness: 1.8 μ (0.0000018 m) of pure aluminium
- Ribbon Width: 0.185” (4.7 mm)
- Ribbon Length: 2.35” (59.7 mm)
- Operating Principle: Pressure gradient microphone
- Directional Pattern: Bidirectional or Figure-of-8
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 141 dBSPL (1% third harmonic > 1 kHz)
- Output Impedance: 92 Ω broadband
- Recommended Load Impedance: 1.0 kΩ or greater
- Powering: P48 phantom power, 7 mA
- Polarity: Pin 2 high for positive pressure at the front of the microphone.
- Connector: XLR-3M
- In the box: 2 N8 Microphones, SKB Carry Case, SMS Stereo Bar, 2 NUVO Windscreens and Blumlein Coupler
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Thermionic SKU SSCPROOSTERNUVON8 Model ROOSTERNUVON8 GTIN NA