TC Electronic BMC-2 - Monitor Controller
The TC Electronic BMC-2 is a dedicated D/A monitor controller and converter. Ultra low latency headphone and speaker control is vital to the mixing and production process and the BMC interfaces with any computer system to perform this need.
The BMC-2 does not need a computer to run, meaning instant and practical control over your system. Additional monitor functionality means you can switch between three different input formats; S-PDIF, TOS and ADAT. BMC-2 drives one set of analogue speakers, one set of digital speakers and a set of headphones. Calibrated listening is available with both sets of speakers and the headphone output. The REF button on the top of the unit allows volume levels to be stored digitally for consistent monitoring over time.
The BMC-2 is a self-contained desktop unit that works right out of the box with no need for a computer for setup. It interfaces directly with all new Macs and most PCs used for audio production - just attach the supplied 12V DC power adaptor.
TC Electronic BMC-2 Features
- Inputs: Connect the inputs you wish to use. The S/PDIF input also handles AES3 and AES3-id format. Simply press one of the three INPUT SELECT keys to select the input you wish to listen to.
- Outputs: Analog speakers connect to the XLRs, digital speakers to the S/PDIF output. The S/PDIF output is really an AES 3-id output, so BMC-2 can drive AES inputs, even over long cable runs.
- Level Control: The big level knob controls the level to the speakers unless REF is active. The knob produces transparent gain settings with 0.0dB at the 3 o'clock position.
- Reference levels: Press the REF key to activate calibrated listening on both sets of speakers as well as on headphones.
- iCheck: Data reduced audio is not the same as 'CD quality'. BMC-2 provides a shortcut for revealing artifacts of data reduction. At bit-rates lower than 256kbps for stereo, the spatial imaging is often compromised, which may be easily exposed by listening to the components of the image in isolation.
TC Electronic BMC-2 FeaturesDigital Inputs and Outputs
- Connector (S/PDIF, AES3-id compatible): RCA Phono, BNC adapter included, 75 Ohm, 1 Vpp (terminated)
- Formats (S/PDIF and TOSLINK): S/PDIF (24-bit), IEC 958, Pro-status bits
- Connector (ADAT® or TOSLINK): Optical Pipe
- Format (ADAT®): Ch. 1 to 4 @ 48 kHz, Ch. 1 to 4 SMUX @ 96 kHz
- Digital IO Engine: TCAT DICE JR, handling all IO formats
- Internal Sample Rate (fallback): 48 kHz
- External Sample Rates: 43 to 97 kHz, jitter rejection at all rates
- Jitter Rejection Engine: JET™ technology in TCAT DICE JR
- Jitter Rejection Filter (4th order): > 3 dB @ 10 Hz, > 100 dB @ 600 Hz
- DIO Interface Jitter: < 1 ns peak, BW: 700 Hz to 100 kHz
- DA Conversion Jitter: < 42 ps RMS, BW: 100 Hz to 40 kHz
- Output Phase (all digital outputs): < 0.5% of Sample Period
- Processing Delay DIO @ 96/48 kHz: 0.15/0.3 ms
- Frequency Response DIO: DC to 23.9 kHz ± 0.01 dB @ 48 kHz
- Connectors: XLR balanced with ground sensing
- Impedance: < 100 Ohm
- Max. Output Level: +13 dBu, -5 dBu DIM activated
- Digital Gain: Off to +12 dB
- THD: < -93 dB (0.002 %) @ 1 kHz, -1 dBFS, 0 dB gain
- Dynamic Range incl. DIM: > 118 dB (121 dB a-weighted), 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Freq. Response: +0/-0.2 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Crosstalk: < -98 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- D to A Conversion: 24 bit, 128 x Oversampling Bitstream
- D to A Delay: 0.40 ms / 0.20 ms @ 48 kHz / 96 kHz
- Headphones Output
- Connectors 1/4" Phone Jack (Stereo)
- Impedance 80 Ohm
- Max. Output Level: +20 dBu (no load)
- Digital gain: Off to +12 dB
- THD: < -85 dB (0.006 %) @ 1 kHz, -1 dBFS, 0 dB gain, 300 Ohm
- Dynamic Range: > 102 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Freq. Response: +0/-0.2 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Power @ 40 Ohm Load: 200 mW
- Power @ 600 Ohm Load: 93 mW
- Complies with: EN 55103-1 and EN 55103-2, FCC part 15 Class B, CISPR 22 Class B
- Certified to: IEC 60065, EN 60065, UL60065 and CSA E60065 CSA FILE #LR108093
- Operating Temperature: 32° F to 122° F (0° C to 50° C)
- Storage Temperature: -22° F to 167° F (-30° C to 70° C)
- Humidity: Max. 90 % non-condensing
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 5.5" x 2.5" x 6.9" (140 x 64 x 176 mm)
- Weight: 1.8 lb. (0.82 kg)
- Finish: Acrylic and anodized aluminum front panel. Plated and coated chassis. Rubber coated side plates.
- Signal in Meter 1 LED per stereo channel
- (all digital inputs): (activated at -60 dBFs)
- Stereo PPM Bridge (Stereo, MONO, SIDE): 12 LEDs per channel
- Mains Power Supply: 12 VDC
- Power Consumption: < 8.4 W
- Warranty Parts and labor 1 Year
- Additional Information
Manufacturer TC Electronic SKU STCEBMC2 Model 967420061 GTIN 5706622015365 Single or Pair N/A