Sound Devices MixPre 10T
The Sound Devices MixPre 10T is a 10 input recorder that is perfect for location and mobile recordings, with its lightweight, compact yet rugged design the MixPre 10 can hand any situation and provides a flexible workflow due to it Bluetooth metering on your IOS or Android device. This MixPre model offers eight XLR/TRS combo Mic/Line level inputs, and a 3.5mm Aux/Mic input, that doubles for a 2-channel line input, camera return or timecode. This professional recorder offers the user ultra-low-noise, discrete, Class-A mic preamps, -130dBV noise floor, analog limiters, and new 32-bit A-to-D converters to ensure the highest quality audio recordings.
Like its MixPre Series predecessors, the MixPre-10T’s user-friendly, touch-screen navigation features three modes of operation: Basic, Advanced, and Custom. Basic mode has been designed to allow a user to start recording right out of the box, and is intended for stereo recording applications, such as interviews and music recordings. Advanced and Custom mode offer more experienced audio users access to multi-channel recording and advanced settings such as metering, routing, timecode, mic pre gain, stereo and M/S channel linking, channel phase invert, input/output delay, headphone presets, and more.
Mixing, Metering and Monitoring
The MixPre-10T incorporates a simple mixer that offers gain control knobs, and access to panning and soloing via a simple press of the knob. For metering, it provides easy-to-read ring LEDs with limiter activity, along with three LCD views for multitrack, mix, and USB return metering. The MixPre also includes a 3.5mm jack for headphone monitoring with user-programmable routing presets from our custom-designed, powerful, wide-bandwidth headphone amp.
The MixPre-10T’s auto copy feature is as easy as ABC - or what we like to call “Auto-Background Copying”. With this feature, users can record files up to 192kHz / 24-bit to an SD card, while automatically copying to a USB thumbdrive (USB A) for handoff to a client or as a backup copy.
- Mic: XLR active-balanced; 4k input Z
- Line: XLR active-balanced; 4k input Z
- Aux/Mic in: 3.5mm TRS, 2-channel unbalanced; 100k input Z
- Line: ¼-inch TRS active-balanced; 4k input Z
- USB Audio: 4 channels
- All inputs fully RF-fil
- Sampling Frequency:
- 44.1 kHz
- 47.952 kHz
- 48 kHz
- 48.048 kHz
- 96 kHz
- 192 kHz
- Timecode Frame Rates:
- Auto-detects (fps): 23.98 (same as 23.976)
- Mic input: +6dB to +76dB
- Line input: -20dB to +30dB
- Fader: -inf to +20dB
- Headphone: -inf to +20dB
- Total, Mic-to-recording (max): +96dB
- Aux In (Mic): Gain = +10dB to +40dB
- Aux In (Line): Gain = -10dB to +20dB
- Total Aux Gain including Fader (Mic-to-recording): +60dB
- Bit Depth: 16, 24
- Headphones Out: 3.5mm TRS stereo unbalanced, for use with any impedance headphonestered and overload protected.
- Touch Screen: 320x256; 1.6-inch, color, sunlight-viewable IPS LCD
- Operating: -20°C to 60°C, 0 to 90% relative humidity; (non-condensing)
- Storage: -40°C to 85°C
- Dimensions: 36 mm x 206 mm x 175 mm (H x W x D); 1.375” x 8.125” x 6.875”
- Weight: .91 kg; 32.1 oz. (unpackaged, without batteries)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Sound Devices SKU SSDEMIXPRE10T Model MIXPRE10T GTIN NA Single or Pair N/A