Sound Devices 722 Portable Digital Audio Recorder
The Sound Devices 722 is a very lightweight and compact professional 2-channel digital portable recorder, which uses a readily- available Compact Flash cards and an internal 160GB hard drive as the storage media of choice. The high-quality converters support resolutions and sampling rates up to the 24-bit/192 kHz industry bar. The uncompressed, file-based recording supports WAV and BWF file formats. Stereo MP3 file encoding and decoding is also available.
The durable 722 aluminium and stainless steel chassis, which is resistant to location climate and temperature extremes, houses a full and versatile complement of analogue and digital audio connectors, along with a word clock I/O.
The 722 offers 48V phantom power, limiting and filtering on input for complete microphone support in the field (including M/S stereo mic decoding), with internal signal control, mixing and 16 possible input-to-track routing assignments.
The gracious 722 LCD display has an adjustable backlight and provides comprehensive status and activity information, alongside a bright set of sunlight-viewable LED meters with selectable metering ballistics. The unit also features an impressive set of dedicated LED indicators and backlit controls. The headphone output matrix features independent level control and routing, offering a variety of monitoring options for specific needs.
The design, feature set, robust construction, and performance of the 722 assures seamless integration on any feature film, broadcast or video set, anywhere in the world.
Sound Devices 722 Overview:
Compact and Durable
- 2-track portable hard disk/Compact Flash audio recorder with 160GB SATA internal hard drive
- Compact aluminum and stainless-steel chassis for exceptional durability and light weight, resistant to environmental extremes
- Dedicated Headphone level control knob and Menu selector/push-button controller
Comprehensive Professional Connectivity
- 2 channels of improved microphone preamps with phantom power, limiting, and high-pass filters
- AES3 (XLR) or AES3id (unbalanced AES on BNC) digital inputs and AES3id outputs
- FireWire (IEEE-1394) port for high-speed data transfer to computers for editing, backup
- Proprietary RS-232 6-pin modular C. Link serial input and output for unit linking, control and expansion
High-Resolution Recording and Synchronization
- 24-bit or 16-bit with or without dither, 32kHz - 192kHz sampling rates
- Input-to-track assignment with 16 possible routing combinations
- WAV or BWF format, mono or poly files, uncompressed PCM audio
- MP3 encode and decode, 32 to 320kbps stereo file
- Full Word Clock I/O
Flexible Metering and Powering
- Programmable backlit, sunlight-viewable LED level metering; selectable, menu-driven metering ballistics
- Large backlit, adjustable LCD display; fully dedicated status and activity LED indicators, backlit controls
- Removable Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery, compatible with Sony M- and L-mount batteries
- 10-18VDC external input powers and charges on-board battery, 100-240 Volt worldwide power supply
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Sound Devices SKU SSDE722 Model 722 GTIN NA Single or Pair N/A