Sontronics Apollo 2
The Sontronics Apollo 2 is a beautifully designed Stereo Phantom-Powered Ribbon Microphone that sound amazing on both vocals and strings. the Apollo 2 boasts two highly sensitive ribbon elements set in an X-Y Blumlein configuration, ideal for all stereo miking applications. If required, either of the two ribbon elements can be used in isolation, enabling Apollo 2 to behave as a mono microphone.
Getting the best results from Apollo 2 is effortless! Thanks to its phantom-powered circuit design and custom-wound, UK-made transformers, it requires very little gain and no EQ. Furthermore, Sontronics' engineers have incorporated RFI (radio frequency interference) filters into the electronic design (ours are the only ribbon mics in the world to have this feature) to ensure that Apollo 2's signal is kept crystal clear, whether being used in a recording studio or an live venue.
Apollo 2 is designed as a distance recording microphone and should be used with care as the ribbon elements are very exposed and extremely delicate. However, with sensible placement and careful handling, Apollo 2 will bring you immense satisfaction for many years to come. For more information about using and caring for your Apollo 2 or servicing your ribbon elements.
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 18kHz
- Sensitivity: 18mV/Pa -33dB ±1dB (0dB = 1V/Pa @ 1,000Hz)
- Polar pattern: Figure-of-eight (x2)
- Impedance: ≤150 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 10dB (A-weighted)
- Max SPL (for 0.5% THD @ 1kHz): 125dB
- Power: Phantom power 48V required
- Connector: 8-pin connector to two 3-pin XLR Neutrik connectors (cable supplied)
- Dimensions: 260 x 65 x 65mm
- Weight: 744g (1247g with shockmount)
- Comes with: stereo to two XLR connector cable, shockmount, aluminium flightcase
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Sontronics SKU SSTRAPOLLO2 Model STAPOLLO2 GTIN 5060173280611