The Sonifex RB-SM2 is a dual version of the RB-SM1, consisting of two independent converters which will produce two fully buffered and balanced mono line outputs from two stereo inputs.
All connections are on the rear panel. The XLR-3 inputs are electronically balanced with an impedance of 20kΩ bridging. These can be wired unbalanced to accept an output from domestic equipment.
The XLR-3 line outputs are electronically balanced with an output impedance of <50Ω. The outputs can be wired unbalanced by grounding the non-phase signal, allowing you to feed both balanced and unbalanced equipment.
Output gain adjustment using pre-set potentiometers for both converters allows a normalised mono output from domestic stereo equipment. The potentiometers are accessible through the rear panel.
- Maximum Input Level: +28dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +28dBu
- Input Impedance: >20kΩ balanced bridging
- Output Impedance: <50Ω balanced
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz ±0.1dB (600Ω load, ref 1kHz)
- Gain Range: Adjust -8dB to +18dB gain, ref. 0dB input on L and R
- Common Mode Rejection: >66dB typically
- Distortion: 0.01% THD @ 1kHz, ref +8dBu output
- Noise: -100dB, unity gain, ref +8dBu output
- Inputs: 4 x XLR 3 pin female (Balanced, can be unbalanced)
- Outputs: 2 x XLR 3 pin male (Balanced, can be unbalanced)
- Mains Input: Filtered IEC, switchable 110-120V, or 220-240V, fused, 6W max
- Fuse Rating:
- Anti-surge fuse 100mA 20 x 5mm (230VAC)
- Anti-surge fuse 250mA 20 x 5mm (115VAC)
- 28cm (W) x 10.8cm (D) x 4.2cm (H) (1U)
- 11” (W) x 4.3” (D) x 1.7” (H) (1U)
- Nett: 1.05kg Gross: 1.50kg
- Nett: 2.3lbs Gross: 3.3lbs
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Sonifex SKU SSOMRBSM2 Model RB-SM2 GTIN NA Single or Pair No