Smart Research C2 Stereo Compressor
The Smart Research C2 houses two independant mono compressors, or in stereo mode, the left- hand controls operate both audio channels, with the right-hand controls not used, giving true Stereo operation. The characteristic sound of this unit arises mostly from the fast response at the onset of compression, which when delayed to occur around the mid range attack settings (after 0.3 to 3 milliseconds) results in a window through which transients can still pass.
When used accross a mix, or with any dynamic programme, this has the effect of adding 'punch', as the sidechain 'breathes' around these transients, while still controlling overall levels. CRUSH mode has been developed as an extension of this 'musicality', adding to and accentuating the factors involved in producing the character of the unit. CRUSH may sound surprising to those interested in more gentle applications, being capable of exaggerated compression effects, but in conjunction with the fast limit settings also introduced with this unit, it allows the C2 to be used for a much wider range of applications than the C1.
Smart Research C2 Features
- Fast attack and limit settings for protective limiting.
- Crush mode gives f.e.t 'overcompression' with tailored frequency response, and higher distortion, for 'huge' dynamic effects.
- External sidechain inputs, (for ducking etc.)
- Power fail bypass for broadcast or live sound.
- Ratios 1.5:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 10:1 and Limit.
- Attack 0, 0.1, 0.3, 1, 3, 10, and 30 m/sec.
- Release 0.1, 0.3, 0.6, 1.2, and 2.4 seconds
Smart Research C2 Specifications
- Power: 100v-240v AC selectable, 30 watts.
- Noise floor: Below -104 dBm (flat 20Hz-20Khz).
- Distortion: Below 0.005% (1K/+4 THD 20Hz-20Khz)
- Frq. Response: Within 1/2dB from 20Hz to 100Khz
- Depth in rack: 258mm.
- Main input: Balanced, impedance 1K8 per leg.
- Sidechain i/p: Balanced, impedance 10K per leg.
- Output: Discrete transistor. Above +26dBm into 600 ohm load.
- Threshold: Adjustable -20 to +20dBm.
- Make-up gain: Adjustable 0 to +20dBm.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Smart Research SKU SSMAC2 Model C2 GTIN NA Single or Pair N/A
£3,118.80 (inc. vat) £2,599.00 (ex. vat)
This product is now discontinued
Contact us to discuss sourcing this or a similar product.
£2,700.00 (inc. vat) £2,250.00 (ex. vat)
£2,634.00 (inc. vat) £2,195.00 (ex. vat)