Shure KSM8/N - Nickel
The Shure KSM8 Dualdyne Cardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone is the first-ever dual-diaphragm dynamic handheld microphone specially suited for high-end vocal reproduction and sound-reinforcement control. The patented Dualdyne cartridge virtually eliminates proximity effect, masters off-axis rejection and provides signal clarity and feedback control.
The KSM8/B features a brushed nickel aluminium finish.
WHERE SHOULD KSM8 BE USED?
KSM8 redefines dynamic microphone technology for leading performers and engineers. It virtually eliminates proximity effect and provides unmatched vocal accuracy with minimal EQ and processing and has been designed for use in large, complex sound systems. Providing absolute vocal clarity, KSM8 is suited for production studios, live performance venues and broadcast productions.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE KSM8
KSM8 has an extremely wide sweet spot, due to the design of the Dualdyne element and its ability to control proximity effect. Additionally, the neutral mid/high frequency response means that there is little external processing required, resulting in consistent, natural-sounding audio, regardless of the artist’s mic technique and placement.
HOW IS UNIDYNE III DIFFERENT THAN DUALDYNE?
The Unidyne III cartridge features a single diaphragm with a pneumatic shock mount. The advanced technology of the Dualdyne cartridge originates in the second diaphragm which has been added. Besides the active diaphragm, a second passive diaphragm has been implemented, which is part of the cartridge’s acoustic network that provides an unattained mastery of proximity effect.
Shure KSM8/N Features
- Patented cartridge design featuring two ultra-thin diaphragms (one active and one passive) and groundbreaking inverted airflow system, which allows exceptional consistency of the cardioid polar pattern throughout the entire frequency range.
- Accurate frequency response due to controlled proximity effect which allows for neutral mid-and-high frequency reproduction, resulting in the most natural sounding dynamic microphone available.
- Exceptional control of proximity effect vastly increases working distance without on-axis coloration.
- Off-axis attenuation is flat and broad resulting in superior quality of rejection of unwanted sound sources for increased vocal clarity.
- The Dualdyne cartridge re-images the Shure Pumping Pneumatic Shock Mount design with specific resistances and precisely machined components that are fully integrated into the cartridge’s acoustic properties.
- Patent Pending Diaphragm Stabilisation System (DSS) Technology protects and stabilizes the active diaphragm from unwanted excursion or rocking during plosives or impact, providing substantial protection against high frequency handling noise.
- Cutting-edge cartridge manufacturing methods utilise ultra-sonic and internal laser welding to provide best-in-class mechanical reliability.
- Neodymium magnet resides in a micro-injection mold of aerospace SoftMag material that maximises the magnetic field for maximum output level.
- Dent-resistant, hardened carbon-steel grille design lined with hydrophobic woven fabric provides exceptional plosive and wind protection, while offering virtually waterproof protection.
- Aluminium handle with brushed nickel finish
In The Box
- KSM8 Dualdyne Cardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone
- AK8C Carrying Pouch for KSM8
- A25E Stand Adapter
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 16 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): -51,5 dBV/Pa / 1,85 mV/Pa
- Weight: 300 g
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Shure SKU SSHUKSM8N Model KSM8N GTIN 0042406464918 Single or Pair N/A