Sennheiser MKH 418 S
The Sennheiser MKH 418 S is an M-S stereo shotgun microphone. Its M-S format, compact dimensions, very good consonant clarity and good spatial representation make it ideally suited for every type of application in film, radio, television and reporting, both indoors and outdoors.
The MKH 418 S employs two independent acoustic systems for generating the mid and side signals. The Mid (M), or mono signal is generated using an internal shotgun microphone. The shotgun accurately reproduces audio with extreme focus, emphasizing the pick up of signals at the direct-axis section (front). The shotgun also rejects signal at the off-axis sections (sides) of the microphone, minimizing noise and further strengthening the pick up area. The Side (S), or stereo signal is generated using a separate, internal microphone system that features a figure-of-eight polar pattern. This system is responsible for reproducing the spatial character needed for the accurate placement of a signal within the stereo field.
The 5-pin XLR male connection output, sends the separate signals of each internal microphone system to the discrete channels of your console, field mixer, recorder or matrixing system. Each internal microphone requires 48V phantom power, supplied via two Sennheiser MZA 14 P48 battery power supply units, or any mixer capable of supplying at least 2 discrete channels of phantom power.
Price for microphone and included assceesries only.
Sennheiser MKH 418 S Features
- Increased directivity due to interference system (M)
- Very low noise
- High sensitivity
- Symmetrically ungrounded output without repeater
- Convincing spatial representation
- Universal application due to M-S format
- Sturdy and very weather-resistant
- Full metal casing, matt black
- M-S stereo: M: Pressure gradient / interference tube receiver S: Pressure gradient receiver
- Pick-up pattern: M: Super-cardioid / lobar S: Figure-of-eight
- Frequency response (microphone): 40 - 20000 Hz
- Maximum sound pressure level (passiv): 130 dB (63Pa)
- Output voltage: 1,5 Volt
- Equivalent noise level weighted as per CCIR 468-3: M:14 dB-A/26dB-CCIR, S:22dB-A/24 dB-CCIR
- Output impedance: 25 Ohm
- Impedance: 1 k Ohm
- Phantom powering: P48: 48+/- 4 V / 2x2,3 mA
- Connector: XLR-5M
- Dimensions: 19 x 280 mm
- Weight: 220 g
- Operating temperature: -20 to +60 A°C
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Sennheiser SKU SSENMKH418S Model 005284 GTIN 4006087052846 Single or Pair N/A