Sennheiser MKH 800 Twin Nx - Nextel
The Sennheiser MKH 800 TWIN is a universal studio condenser microphone of exceptional quality. It contains a dual capsule design, consisting of two symmetrical push-pull transducers with high linearity. This is a "side fire" microphone with the two cardioid pick-up patterns of the transducer aligned back-to-back across the axis of the microphone. The signals of both transducers are not combined in the microphone in order to generate differing pick-up patterns but are available separately as two channels at the microphone output. This allows the pick-up patterns of the MKH 800 TWIN to be adjusted remotley. The signals can be combined in any desired way in the mixing console in order to create all pick-up patterns from omni-directional to figure-8 with an infinite number of intermediate stages. Based on the legendary MKH 800, this microphone opens up to a new dimension of studio recordings. Price is for microphone and included accessories only.
Sennheiser MKH 800 TWIN Features
- Color: Nextel
- The remote adjustability and the variable pick-up patterns make the MKH 800 TWIN a universal main microphone, soloist microphone or supporting microphone.
- The pick-up patterns can be set and optimised under monitoring conditions. In other words, it is not necessary to fix the pick-up patterns definitively before recording.
- A wide range of mixes for stereo and surround are possible (including in parallel).
- Saving of the microphone signals in two channels also allows an unlimited range of mixes to be realised at a later date.
- The high sensitivity ensures interference-free signal paths as a result of high signal levels. The inherent noise of downstream microphone amplifiers is thus of minor importance.
- Very low inherent noise prevents the masking of filigree sound structures. The depth of the acoustic can be heard more clearly too.
- High linearity of the transducers minimises the signal distortions and ensures the transparency of the sound even at high sound levels.
- The frequency response extends to 50 kHz, thus improving the resolution for complex acoustic details.
- Stable pick-up patterns minimise sound distortion in the direct and diffuse field.
- Negative acoustic effects caused by the housing and the sound inlet basket are minimised.
- The small, slim design and the optionally dark housing design (Nextel) make it visually unobtrusive.
Sennheiser MKH 800 TWIN Specifications
- Dimensions: D 27 mm, L 136 mm
- Frequency response (Microphone): 30 - 50000 Hz
- Transducer principle (Microphone): RF condenser microphone
- Weight: 172 g
- Pick-up pattern: omni-directional, cardioid, figure-of-eight
- Sensitivity in free field, no load: (1kHz) 40 mV/Pa (-28 dBV)
- Nominal impedance: 100 Ohm
- Min. terminating impedance: 2000 Ohm
- Phantom powering: 48V +/- 4V
- Equivalent noise level: 12 dB (A)
- Equivalent noise level weighted as per CCIR 468-3: 20 dB
- Maximum sound pressure level (passiv): 134 dB SPL
- Current consumption: 2 x 3.1 mA
- Dynamic range: 122 dB(A), 114 dB (CCIR)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Sennheiser SKU SSENMKH800TWINNX Model 502083 GTIN 4044155020304 Single or Pair N/A