Lightweight, robust all-metal shotgun microphone with unusually low coloration of off-axis sound with switchable filters with LED indicators
CMIT 5U Shotgun Microphone Features
- Unusually low coloration of off-axis sound since the pickup angles at low and high frequencies are kept reasonably similar to one another: At medium frequencies the directivity of the CMIT 5 U is higher than one would expect from a microphone of this length, while at high frequencies the pickup pattern is not as narrow as with long shotgun microphones. Thus in active scenes it is easier to cue the boom and keep actors "on mike."
- Schoeps sound quality makes the microphone suitable for music recording as well as dialogue.
- The directional pattern and sound quality are consistent in both the horizontal and vertical planes, unlike some other shotgun microphones.
- Even greater immunity to wind noise than a Schoeps supercardioid
- Very lightweight, robust all-metal housing
Three pushbutton-activated filters allow the microphone to adapt to all recording situations:
- High-frequency emphasis (+ 5 dB at 10 kHz) enhances speech intelligibility, and compensates for high-frequency loss caused by windscreens;
- A steep low-cut filter (18 dB/oct. below 80 Hz) suppresses wind and boom noise;
- A gentle low-frequency rolloff (6 dB/oct. below 300 Hz) compensates for proximity effect.
Pairs of LEDs next to each pushbutton indicate the status of the filters. Even in darkness the user can read the settings and see that the microphone is operational. The settings are retained when the microphone is switched off.
Detail: switchable filters with LED indicators
The capsule and amplifier of the CMIT 5 U are built as a single unit, unlike microphones of the Schoeps "Colette" series
- polished wood carrying case
- SG 20 stand clamp
- W 140 windscreen for moderate wind
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Schoeps SKU SSCHCMIT5U Model SSCHCMIT5U GTIN N/A