Rycote Cyclone Windshield Large (089101)
The Rycote Cyclone Windshield is the result of more than a decade of continuous development. The Rycote design and engineering teams have focused on each component to build an all-new windshield system from the ground up.
Everything has been considered, nothing overlooked because to design a windshield system this advanced, everything counts. Alone, every one of these advancements is a performance breakthrough. Together, they are the Cyclone, the world’s most advanced microphone windshield and shock-mount system.
The Cyclone has been designed with ease of set-up and use as a priority for the location sound professional. The windshield basket design uses a magnetic Z-Locking System that can be opened and closed in the blink of an eye – using just one hand. Reassembly is automatic as components magnetically snap into perfect alignment.
The structure was developed using state-of-the-art design tools with computer-generated simulations to generate a frame that achieves the ideal balance of location robustness with minimal weight.
With an aerodynamically efficient asymmetric shape, it is covered with Rycote's new-age 3D-Tex® material. This provides enormous benefits in terms of surface turbulence and acoustic impedance resulting in such a level of wind noise reduction that a fur cover is unnecessary.
*Does not include microphone stand or shotgun microphone pictured.
Rycote Cyclone Windshield Features:
- Radical new design and shape delivers a new pinnacle in audio transparency, wind noise and handling noise isolation.
- Lightweight, durable construction, designed with materials to withstand extreme field conditions.
- Featuring 3D-Tex® delivering massive wind noise reduction without needing additional fur coverings.
- Basket Z-Locking design, with magnetic locking, provides instant, one-hand microphone access with automatic, self-aligning basket reassembly.
- Swivel latches provide additional basket security for extreme environments and run-and-gun applications
- Increased acoustic transparency, and no parallel surfaces to minimise room-tones, provides a clean frequency response.
- All-new, patented Floating-Basket Suspension with Lyre technology for reduction of windshield basket handling noise.
- Industry-leading Lyre Microphone Suspension with Universal Lyre webs (19-25mm) includes spares.
- Supplied with ultra-soft, flexible Mogami cable, fitted with gold pin Neutrik XX-series XLR connectors.
- Output male XLR locked in angled position on lightweight boom adaptor, allowing internal or external pole cables and plug-on
- transmitters to be attached securely.
- Compatible with optional Cyclone Windjammer for extreme wind isolation performance.
Rycote Cyclone Windshield (Large) Specifications:
- AKG - C568EB
- Audio-Technica - AT 4073, BP4073, AT897, AT877
- Neumann - KMR 81i
- Røde - NTG-2, NTG-3
- Sanken - CS-2, CS-3e
- Schoeps - CMIT 5U, SuperCMIT 5U
- Sennheiser - MKH 416, MKH 60, MKE 600
- Shure - VP89S
- Sony - ECM 670, ECM 678
- Mic Lengths: 250mm - 280mm
- Mic Diameters: 19mm - 25mm
- Max. Weight of Mic: 180 Grams
- Mic Connector: XLR 3-Pin Female
- Output Connector: XLR 3-Pin Male
- Wind Attenuation: 50 dB (without Windjammer), >60 dB (with Windjammer), Measured total power – 10Hz – 20kHz, no weighting, under real wind conditions
- Handling Isolation, Typically >10dB, Dependent on microphone type and LF band shaping
- Overall Length: 470 mm (18.5 inch)
- Body Length: 330 mm (13.0 inch)
- Max. Diameter: 157 mm ( 6.2 inch)
- Height: 220 mm ( 8.7 inch)
- Weight: 590 g (20.8 oz)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Rycote SKU SRYC089101 Model 089101 GTIN NA Single or Pair N/A