The Rupert Neve Designs Portico 5015 microphone preamp/compressor puts two great Portico components into one compact rackmountable package! The Portico 5015 uses the same stellar transformer-coupled mic preamp and compressor/limiter featured separately in the 5012 and 5043 Portico modules. You get all-analog, low-noise performance with flexible signal routing, making Neve's legendary sound quality a perfect match with even the most modern recording setups. Add that magic tonal touch to your signal chain's front end with the Portico 5015!
Two great Portico components in one half-rack chassis
With independent transformer-coupled mic preamp and compressor-limiter sections identical to those found in the 5012 and 5043 modules, the fully analogue Portico 5015 combines the outstanding sound quality expected from a Rupert Neve design with the total flexibility required by modern recording studios. When used with the 5033 five band EQ it is possible to create a Portico channel strip with preamplification, dynamics processing and equalization. As an additional routing option, the mic pre output may be routed directly to the compressor section without patching by pressing the "To Compressor" switch.
The microphone preamp portion of the 5015 sports Neve's custom input and output transformer designs for a sound that's strikingly similar to that of classic Neve consoles. It's equipped with individually selectable phase, mute, phantom power, and a fully sweepable high-pass filter, along with a "Silk" circuit, which enhances the sound, adding warmth and presence.
The Compressor section
The 5015 has fully variable threshold, ratio, attack, release and makeup gain with two selectable VCA modes that provide for exceptional control of any source material. In order to control gain, a V.C.A. or Voltage Controlled Amplifier (or Attenuator) is used. The compressor in the Portico 5015 makes use of a very accurate, low noise, low distortion V.C.A. having, essentially, no signature of its own.
Low noise, high performance
All Portico modules use input and output transformers and, almost entirely discrete component amplifiers. In fact the Line amplifiers on their own, inserted into the signal chain, are capable of enhancing the sonic quality of many signal sources, especially those of digital origin. These are some of the factors that enable, the Portico 5043, to work so unobtrusively within the context of a very high quality audio chain.
Rupert Neve Designs Portico 5015 Preamp/Compressor Features
- Input: Balanced, using "Transformer-Like-Amplifier" (T.L.A.) with toroidal Common Mode Rejection Low Pass Filter
- Input Impedance: 10,000 Ohms + or - 20%
- High Pass Filter: Swept Frequency continuously variable from 20 Hz to 250 Hz.
- Slope: 12 dB/Octave.
- Gain: Switched Gain from Unity to +66dB in 6 dB steps.
- "Trim": Continuously adjustable potentiometer from -6dB to +6dB with reference to setting on the Gain Switch.
- Balanced and Floating Transformer Output from 20 Hz to 40 kHz: +25 dBu. (Clips at just over +26 dBu)
- Mute: Mutes Main Output only. (i.e. Monitor remains "Live")
- Gain Range: Continuously variable from -6 dB to +20 dB.
- Threshold Range: Continuously variable from -36 dB to +22 dB.
- Ratio Range: Continuously variable from 1.1:1 to "Limit" (40:1).
- Attack Range: Continuously variable from 20mS to 75mS
- Release Range: Continuously variable from 100mS to 2.5 Seconds.
- FF/FB: Feed-Forward or Feed-Back VCA control.
- External 15V Supply included with every Portico Series module.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Rupert Neve Designs SKU SRND5015H Model SRND5015H GTIN No Single or Pair N/A