Roland UA-55 Quad-Capture USB Audio/Midi Interface
The Roland UA-55 features a pair of premium VS Preamps onboard, plus superb 24-bit/192 kHz audio quality, ultra-low latency performance, and convenient USB bus power. It sets a new standard for portable USB 2.0 audio interfaces. Its compact, durable design and pristine sound makes it the perfect foundation for portable, multichannel computer-based productions on the go. With quality and performance that far exceeds its size and price, QUAD-CAPTURE stands at the head of its class.
QUAD-CAPTURE audio interface boasts two premium-grade, digitally controlled mic preamps (VS Preamps) made from the same high-grade components as the preamps found in Roland’s V-Studio 700 and M-400 digital mixer. Two XLR/TRS combo inputs are provided for the preamps, plus independent phantom power, low-cut filter, phase invert, and digital compression for each channel. The VS preamps can be controlled easily and intuitively with the included graphical Control Panel software (Mac/PC).
Never before has it been faster or easier to set perfect input levels—simply activate the AUTO-SENS feature with the push of a button, play your connected instruments, and QUAD-CAPTURE automatically sets the ideal recording level for each input. Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, AUTO-SENS is great for quick, fail-safe recordings, saving you setup time and letting you focus on where it starts... the performance.
QUAD-CAPTURE offers incredible stability and industry-leading low-latency USB performance via Roland’s proprietary VS Streaming technology. All current Mac and PC DAW platforms are supported through ASIO 2.0/WDM (Windows) and Core Audio (Mac).
Low-Noise Power Supply
One of QUAD-CAPTURE’s key “behind-the-scenes” features is its low-noise, wide-ranging power supply. Designed to deliver a clean, balanced input and output, it provides a reliable foundation for any professional audio application or environment. When driven by the USB bus power supply, QUAD-CAPTURE’s power is regenerated, providing the analog circuitry ideal voltage for the very best sound quality and efficiency in mobile environments.
Aluminum Build, DI Functionality
QUAD-CAPTURE is small, strong, and housed in a road-tough aluminum body, so you can transport it anywhere with the confidence that its premium internal components are securely protected. For live-concert environments, QUAD-CAPTURE also provides Direct-Box (DI) functionality, essential for noise-free live stage use.
SONAR X1 LE Bundle
Every QUAD-CAPTURE package includes a complimentary copy of SONAR X1 LE software for PC that’s designed to work fluidly and seamlessly with the interface. Derived from Cakewalk’s award-winning SONAR X1 DAW software, the LE version give you a powerful set of software tools for writing, recording, editing, and mixing your music.
Roland UA-55 Features
- Two combo XLR/TRS inputs with premium mic preamps (VS Preamps), two TRS outputs, coaxial I/O, headphone out, and MIDI I/O
- Graphical Control Panel software provides fast, intuitive control of the VS Preamps
- Phantom power, ground lift, and Hi-Z switches
- One-click AUTO-SENS function intelligently sets optimal input levels for the preamps
- Extreme low-latency VS Streaming driver
- Low-noise, wide-range power supply
- Compact with durable aluminium body and Direct Box functionality
- Bundled with Cakewalk SONAR X1 LE
Roland UA-55 Specifications
- Interface Type: USB 2.0
- Converters: 24-bit
- Maximum Supported Sample Rate: 192kHz
- Phantom Power: Yes
- Total Analogue Inputs: 4
- Total Analogue Outputs: 4
- Microphone Inputs: 2 analogue inputs on XLR/TRS Combi
- Line Inputs: 2 analogue inputs on XLR/TRS Combo
- Additional Inputs: Coaxial
- Line Outputs: 2 analogue outputs on Unbalanced 1/4 inch Jack (TS)
- Headphone: Outputs
- MIDI: 1 MIDI input, 1 MIDI output
- Additional Information: Extreme low-latency VS Streaming driver Bundled with Cakewalk SONAR X1 LE
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Roland SKU SROLUA5 Model UA-55 GTIN 0632709972991