Just as synthesis in music prompted new waves of musical creativity so the Roland CG-8 is set to do the same for the visual artist. A sampling synthesizer takes audio in or regenerates it from a wave generator and then modulates it with filters and amplifiers before outputting the sound. In a similar fashion the CG-8 can take in still images, create motion pictures from these and then modulate them with Modifiers and Fade Controller. It’s easiness to grasp, and user-friendliness allows artists to concentrate on making stunning visual displays without getting caught up in complicated operations.
Starting with picture files (JPEG’s) as the prime source, overlay files (PNG) used for overlays and built in Computer Graphics, all stored on the internal hard drive, the CG-8 can add any of more than 200 Photo effects and then from more than 60 Overlay effects before finally passing the output to the image modifiers which let you add further motion along X/Y/Z axes and control background colour/hue shifting. This final modulation can be set for rate, depth and waveform just like the LFO in an audio synth.
- More than 200 Photo effects and more than 60 Overlay effects .
- 16 trigger pads, a twin D-Beam controller, an assignable X-Y pad, control knobs or an optional foot switch.
- Adjustable frequency and peak detection provides graphic modulation based on the incoming audio.
- VGA, S-video or composite video (NTSC or PAL) output.
- MIDI compatibility with support for V-LINK enabled instruments.
Roland CG-8 Specifications
- Video Format: VGA 640 x 480
- Supported TV System: NTSC and PAL
- Number of colors: 16.7 million colors (24bit full color) (value is approximate)
- RGB output: HD DB-15 type
- Video output: S-Video output 4-pin mini DIN type (Y: 1.0Vp-p, C:0.286Vp-p, 75ohm), Composite RCA phono type (1.0Vp-p, 75ohm)
- Number of Effects: Photo: over 200 types, Overlay: over 60 types
- Number of Patches: up to 128 patches per project
- Number of Photos: up to 48 JPEG files (512 x 384)
- Number of Stamps: Stamp: up tp 16 PNG files (512 x 256)
- Storage Device: Internal Hard Disk Drive (for system program and data storage)
- MIDI: 5-pin DIN type (In, Out/Thru)
- Foot switch: 1/4 inch phone type
- Line input: 1/4 inch phono type (L,R)
- Power Supply: AC 117V, AC 230V, AC 240V (50/60Hz), AC 220V (60Hz)
- Power Consumption: 80W
- Accessories: Card reader, AC cable, Owner's manual
- Options: Edirol PCR series, Roland V-Synth, Roland V-Drums series, Roland PM-128-CF (CompactFlash)
Size and Weight
- Width (W): 453 mm - 17-7/8 inches
- Depth (D): 323 mm - 12-3/4 inches
- Height (H): 108 mm - 4-1/4 inches
- Weight: 5.8 kg - 12 lbs. 13 oz.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Roland SKU SROLCG8 Model Roland CG-8 GTIN N/A Single or Pair N/A