The Rode M3 is a highly versatile end-address condenser microphone, designed to be completely at home in the studio, on stage or on location. It is equally suitable as an instrument microphone for guitars, drums and percussion or even vocals.
Featuring a heavy duty metal body and internally shock mounted 1/2" condenser capsule mounted for end-address, the M3 can be powered either via P48 phantom power, or an internal 9V battery.
A -10dB and -20dB level attenuator (pad), selectable from inside the battery compartment, allows recording of loud sound sources, such as a guitar amplifier or snare drum. A high-pass filter selectable on the microphone power switch introduces a filter at 80Hz to reduce low frequency sounds and handling noise.
Rode M3 Features
- Heavy duty metal body
- Internal capsule shock mount
- High level of RF rejection
- On mic selectable high pass filter @ 80Hz-12dB/Oct (-10 and -20dB PAD)
- Heat treated high-strength mesh head
- Battery status indicator
- 9V Battery Power and 24 - 48V phantom power
- Includes wind sheild, mic clip and zip pouch
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 40Hz - 20kHz(selected HPF @80Hz)
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Maximum SPL: 142dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Maximum Output Level: 9.2dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load
- Sensitivity: -40.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (6.30mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 21dB-A
- Weight: 390.00gm
- Dimensions: 225.00mmH x 33.00mmW x 33.00mmD
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Rode SKU SRODM3 Model M3 GTIN 0698813001033 Single or Pair N/A