The RME ADI-642 is an 8-channel format converter from MADI to AES and vice versa. Amongst other applications, the unit can serve as ideal AES/EBU frontend for the Hammerfall DSP MADI PCI card. Up to 192 kHz at 24-Bit are supported. Its most outstanding feature is an easy-to-use 72 x 74 routing matrix, which can assign an individual input channel to every single output channel, allowing free configuration of all 64 MADI channels and the 8 AES channels.
RME ADI-642 Connectivity
- 1 x MADI I/O (optical and coaxial)
- 4 x AES/EBU I/O
- 1 x MIDI I/O
- 1 x Stereo DA (Phones)
- Com-Port I/O (RS232)
- Word Clock I/O
- RME Remote
RME ADI-642 Features
- Direct support for MADI Double and Quad Wire
- Automatic Delay Compensation when using more than one unit
- Analog stereo monitor output, up to 192 kHz
- Detailed status display for MADI and AES
- Completely remote controlable via MIDI
- Transfer of MIDI data via MADI
- SteadyClock for maximum jitter reduction and clock regeneration
The compact unit with 19" width and 1 unit height serves as format converter MADI to/from AES Schematic View. MADI handles 64 channels of 24-Bit audio at sampling frequencies up to 48kHz, 32 channels up to 96kHz, and 16 channels up to 192kHz. All channels are transferred across a single cable, either coaxial (BNC) or optical network cable. In both cases, cable lengths of more than 100 meters can be achieved.
The AES/EBU channels are provided via 4 XLR inputs and outputs, respectively. The ADI-642 accepts 56 channels and 64 channels as well as 96k frame at its input and can be set to generate those formats at its output. This way the ADI-642 even serves as perfect interface between otherwise incompatible MADI devices.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer RME SKU SRMEADI642 Model ADI-642 GTIN 0874792004214 Single or Pair N/A