The Rane AC23S is an active crossover unit with adjustable Delay circuits appear on the Low & Mid Outputs of each Channel to compensate for any physical misalignment of the drivers. Time correction ensures the mechanical phase alignment of adjacent drivers will be acoustically correct, thus maintaining the integrity of the electrical phase alignment of the crossover’s filters.
The Rane AC 23S Active Crossover can be configured as a stereo 2- or 3-way, or a mono 4- or 5-way. It employs 4th-order Linkwitz-Riley filter alignments to minimize phase difficulties in the critical crossover region. The AC 23S uses XLR connectors with active balanced Inputs and Outputs.
Simply put, a Linkwitz-Riley alignment is two cascaded 2nd-order Butterworth filters exhibiting identical phase characteristics on their low-pass and high-pass outputs. This characteristic guarantees in-phase outputs at all frequencies. In-phase outputs are mandatory for proper acoustic summing of common signals from adjacent drivers in the crossover region.
An added benefit of this topology is steep 24 dB per octave rolloff slopes. A slope of this magnitude guarantees drivers designed to produce a specific range of frequencies, and no more, will not be driven past their limits, thereby minimizing distortion and driver fatigue.
Rane AC23S Features
- Stereo 2- or 3-Way, or Mono 4- or 5-Way
- Linkwitz-Riley Alignment with 24 dB per Octave Slopes
- Adjustable Driver Alignment Delays
- Infrasonic, Ultrasonic and RFI Filters
- Low & Mid Output Muting (3-Way)
- Mono Sub Output Option
- Constant-Directivity Horn EQ Option
- Input & Output Level Controls
- Fully Active Balanced XLR Inputs & Outputs
- Internal Universal Power Supply (100-240 VAC)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Rane SKU SRANAC23S Model AC23S GTIN NA Single or Pair No