QSC PLX 3102 Power Amp - 2 x 1000W @ 4 ohms
Designed to drive up to four loudspeakers from each amplifier channel (2 ohm loading), or when extremely high power bridge mono operation is required, the QSC PLX 3102 delivers up to 3100 W of power and features built-in subwoofer processing, filter switches, and front panel indications of bridge mono status.
Boasting third generation QSC PowerLight technology delivering 100,000 energy pulses per second (compared to 60 pulses per second from conventional AC transformers), its power supply doesn't "sag" so bass notes stay full and powerful while the high end remains crisp and clean.
To reduce crossover distortion, its precision bias tracking makes minute adjustments as the amplifier temperature changes. This makes for cleaner high frequency and more consistent sound no matter how hard the amplifier is driven.
Weighing only 21 lbs (9.5 kg), the compact yet rugged PLX3102 will give you professional grade performance without breaking your back—or your budget.
QSC PLX3102 Features
- Very light weigh: 21 lb/9.5 kg
- Cooling design exhausts hot air out the front, keeping the rack cool. Flow-through heat sinks require no filters that could become clogged.
- Front panel LED power, clip, -10 dB, and signal present indicators for system monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Two Speakon® NL4 output connectors provide positive-locking speaker connections. Upper connector provides both channel outputs on all four poles (Channel 1: 1+, 1-; channel 2: 2+, 2-) for bridged mono or for single-cable connection to bi-amplified speakers.
- 21-position front-panel gain controls for precise, repeatable amplifier adjustment.
- Balanced XLR inputs with parallel TRS connectors accommodate all common input connectors and support loop-through operation.
- Patented PowerLight power supply technology with other patents pending.
- Speakon® NL4 and binding post outputs.
- 100 Hz high pass and low pass filters for bi-amping subwoofer and satellite systems without the need for an external
- Switchable/defeatable 33 Hz infrasonic filters protect woofers from overexcursion damage.
- Switchable/defeatable clip limiters.
- Four models with power ratings up to 1800 watts per channel @ 2 ohms, 3600 watts bridged @ 4 ohms
- Rated Power per Channel, Stereo Mode (both channels driven)*
- 8Ω FTC 20 Hz–20 kHz 0.05% THD: 550 W
- 8Ω EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD: 600 W
- 4Ω FTC 20 Hz–20 kHz 0.05% THD: 900 W
- 4Ω EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD: 1000 W
- 2Ω EIA 1 kHz 1% THD: 1800 W
- Rated Power, Bridge-Mono Mode*
- 8Ω 20 Hz–20 kHz 0.1% THD: 1900 W
- 8Ω EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD: 2100 W
- 4Ω EIA 1 kHz 1% THD: 3100 W
- Signal to Noise (20 Hz–20 kHz): -107 dB
- Input Sensitivity at 8Ω: 1.23 V rms
- Maximum Voltage Gain: 35 dB
- Output Circuitry: 2-tier Class H
- Power Requirements (1/8 power, pink noise at 4Ω): 9.5 A /120V
- Distortion (SMPTE-IM): < 0.02%
- Distortion (typical):
- 1/8 rated power, 20 Hz–20 kHz: < 0.02%
- Full rated power, 20 Hz–20 kHz: < 0.02%
- Damping Factor (8Ω): > 500
- Input Impedance: 10 kΩ unbalanced / 20 kΩ balanced
- Input Clipping: 11 V rms (+21 dBu)
- Cooling: Variable-speed fan, rear-to-front air flow
- Input Connectors, each channel: 3-pin XLR and 1/4" TRS balanced, parallel
- Output Connectors, each channel: Two Neutrik NL4 Speakon® and four touch-proof binding posts. Both channels available on upper NL4 connector.
- Amplifier Protection: Full short circuit, open circuit, thermal, infrasonic, ultrasonic, and RF protection. Stable into reactive or mismatched loads
- Load Protection: On/off muting, DC-fault power supply shutdown
- Height: 3.5" (8.9 cm); 2 RU
- Width: 19" (48.3 cm)
- Rack mounting surface to rear: 12.8" (32.6 cm)
- Overall: 14.875" (37.9 cm)
- Weight - Shipping / Net: 26 lb (11.8 kg) / 21 lb (9.5 kg)
- Agency Approvals: CE, FCC, cUL, UL
- Additional Information
Manufacturer QSC SKU SQSCPLX3102 Model PLX3102-230 GTIN 0684284051783 Single or Pair N/A