QSC PLX 1104 - Power Amp 2 x 550W @ 4 Ohms
Designed to power one or two speakers from each amplifier channel (4 ohm minimum loading), the QSC PLX 1104 delivers up to 550 W of power in a compact, rugged, eye-pleasing package.
Boasting third generation QSC PowerLight technology delivering 100,000 energy pulses per second (compared to 60 pulses per second from conventional AC transformers), its power supply doesn't "sag" so bass notes stay full and powerful while the high end remains crisp and clean.
To reduce crossover distortion, its precision bias tracking makes minute adjustments as the amplifier temperature changes. This makes for cleaner high frequency and more consistent sound no matter how hard the amplifier is driven.
Weighing just 13 pounds (5.9 kg), the "plug-and-play" PLX1104 is perfect for ultra-portable rigs, as well as reference-quality playback.
QSC PLX 1104 Features
- Very light weigh: 13 lb/5.9 kg
- Cooling design exhausts hot air out the front, keeping the rack cool. Flow-through heat sinks require no filters that could become clogged.
- Front panel LED power, clip, -10 dB, and signal present indicators for system monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Two Speakon® NL4 output connectors provide positive-locking speaker connections. Upper connector provides both channel outputs on all four poles (Channel 1: 1+, 1-; channel 2: 2+, 2-) for bridged mono or for single-cable connection to bi-amplified speakers.
- 21-position front-panel gain controls for precise, repeatable amplifier adjustment.
- Balanced XLR inputs with parallel TRS connectors accommodate all common input connectors and support loop-through operation.
- Patented PowerLight power supply technology with other patents pending.
- Value combined with uncompromised PLX technology, quality and performance for applications that don't require bridged or 2-ohm stereo operation.
- Clip limiting protects speakers; thermal limiting maintains operation even during abnormal overloads.
- Rated Power per Channel, Stereo Mode (both channels driven)*
- 8Ω FTC 20 Hz–20 kHz 0.05% THD: 310 W
- 8Ω EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD: 325 W
- 4Ω FTC 20 Hz–20 kHz 0.05% THD: 500 W
- 4Ω EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD: 550 W
- Rated Power, Bridge-Mono Mode*
- Signal to Noise (20 Hz–20 kHz): -106 dB
- Input Sensitivity at 8Ω: 1.18 V rms
- Maximum Voltage Gain: 32.5 dB
- Output Circuitry: Class AB
- Power Requirements (1/8 power, pink noise at 4Ω): 8 A /120V
- Distortion (SMPTE-IM): < 0.02%
- Distortion (typical):
- 1/8 rated power, 20 Hz–20 kHz: < 0.02%
- Full rated power, 20 Hz–20 kHz: < 0.02%
- Damping Factor (8Ω): > 200
- Input Impedance: 10 kΩ unbalanced / 20 kΩ balanced
- Input Clipping: 5.5 V rms (+15 dBu)
- Cooling: Variable-speed fan, rear-to-front air flow
- Input Connectors, each channel: 3-pin XLR and 1/4" TRS balanced, parallel
- Output Connectors, each channel: Two Neutrik NL4 Speakon® Both channels available on upper NL4 connector.
- Amplifier Protection: Full short circuit, open circuit, thermal, infrasonic, ultrasonic, and RF protection. Stable into reactive or mismatched loads
- Load Protection: On/off muting, DC-fault power supply shutdown
- Height: 3.5" (8.9 cm); 2 RU
- Width: 19" (48.3 cm)
- Rack mounting surface to rear: 8.95" (22.7 cm)
- Overall: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Weight - Shipping / Net: 18 lb (8.2 kg) / 13 lb (5.9 kg)
- Agency Approvals: CE, FCC, cUL, UL
- Additional Information
Manufacturer QSC SKU SQSCPLX1104 Model PLX1104-230 GTIN 0684284051820