QSC KW181 - 18" Powered Subwoofer
The QSC KW181 is an 18 inch, active subwoofer featuring a 1000 watt Class D power module. Building on the success of our K Series, the KW Series represents the next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeakers. Our system engineers have created the KW Series to feature all the groundbreaking electronic attributes of our popular K Series while at the same time designing a product that is both smaller and significantly lighter than previous wood enclosure models.
Like K Series, each of the four KW Series models features a QSC designed, 1000 watt (2 x 500 W continuous) Class D power module.
Defined Coverage Area
Directivity Matched Transition (DMT™) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural "dead" or "hot" frequency zones.
Extensive signal processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy all expectations for a product in this category:
- Intrinsic Correction, first featured in our high-end line array products maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field.
- DEEP and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
- GuardRail protection, first introduced on our GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping.
KW Series features a four-position mic / line gain switch that allows for connection of a wide variety of devices. Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both mic and line level input.. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for "daisy-chaining" of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the on-board Phoenix-Style connector. In an installed application, multiple KW Series speakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity.
KW Series is designed to withstand the rigors of professional use. Advanced construction processes, premium-grade Baltic birch cabinetry, ergonomic, cast aluminum handles, low-noise casters (KW181) and a highly protective steel grille provide for ease of transport and long term durability. Integrated M10 suspension points allow for flown applications with a KW M10 KIT (sold separately) and a threaded pole receptacle (KW181) provides for a positive, wobble free connection to a threaded speaker pole (included).
QSC KW122 Features
- 18" cone transducer
- 18" Subwoofer
- K Series performance in a lightweight, birch design
- 1000 watt Class D power modules in all models (2 x 500 W continuous)
- Extensive DSP featuring DEEP™ and Intrinsic Correction™ enhances system performance
- DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field
- Rugged, texture-painted birch enclosures
- Four-position Mic/Line gain
- Tour-grade 16 gauge steel grilles
- Comfortable ergonomic handles
QSC KW122 Specifications
- Configuration: 18" subwoofer
- Transducers: 18" cone transducer
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 38 Hz - 124 Hz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 34 Hz - 143 Hz
- Maximum SPL1: 135 dB peak
- Power Output:
- 1000 W Class D continuous
- 2000 W peak
- Controls: Power, Gain, LF Mode (Normal/DEEP™), Polarity (Normal/Reverse), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Indicators: Power, Signal, Standby, Limit
- Connectors: Dual balanced female XLR/¼" line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector
- Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail™
- Transducer Protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100-240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz
- Material: 15 mm painted birch plywood
- Finish: Black textured paint
- Grille: Black powder coated 16 gauge steel
- Dimensions (HWD):
- 20.1" x 23.4" x 29.9"
- 510 mm x 595 mm x 761 mm
- Weight (Net): 88 lb (40 kg)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer QSC SKU SQSCKW181 Model KW181-BK-CM GTIN 0684284057839