QSC KW153 - 15" 3-Way Powered Loudspeaker
The QSC KW153 is a 15 inch, three-way active loudspeaker featuring a 1000 watt Class D power module. Building on the success of our K Series, the KW Series represents the next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeakers. Our system engineers have created the KW Series to feature all the groundbreaking electronic attributes of our popular K Series while at the same time designing a product that is both smaller and significantly lighter than previous wood enclosure models.
Like K Series, each of the four KW Series models features a QSC designed, 1000 watt (2 x 500 W continuous) Class D power module. And continuing in the K Series tradition, every model is fitted with the identical high-output 1.75" HF device (full-range models) and woofers of the same high quality design, regardless of speaker size.
Defined Coverage Area
Directivity Matched Transition (DMT™) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural "dead" or "hot" frequency zones.
Extensive signal processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy all expectations for a product in this category:
- Intrinsic Correction, first featured in our high-end line array products maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field.
- DEEP and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
- GuardRail protection, first introduced on our GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping.
KW Series features a four-position mic / line gain switch that allows for connection of a wide variety of devices. Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both mic and line level input while a set of RCA phono inputs allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for "daisy-chaining" of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
On-board switches provide preset EQ settings. The HF setting (full-range models) can be set to VOCAL BOOST for additional presence in the critical mid-frequency area or FLAT for accurate reproduction of the incoming signal. The LF switch can be set to NORM, DEEP™ for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB (full-range models) for use with an external subwoofer. The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the unit is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
The KW122 and KW152 feature a unique Tilt-Direct™ pole cup mounting system. A simple turn of the dial engages a 7.5 degree downward tilt of the speaker allowing acoustic energy to be kept on the audience and off reflective surfaces for applications where maximum coverage from a high-positioned speaker is desired.
Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the on-board Phoenix-Style connector. In an installed application, multiple KW Series speakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity.
KW Series is designed to withstand the rigors of professional use. Advanced construction processes, premium-grade Baltic birch cabinetry, ergonomic, cast aluminum handles, low-noise casters (KW181) and a highly protective steel grille provide for ease of transport and long term durability. Integrated M10 suspension points allow for flown applications with a KW M10 KIT (sold separately) and a threaded pole receptacle (KW181) provides for a positive, wobble free connection to a threaded speaker pole (included).
QSC KW153 Features
- 15" cone transducer
- 1.75" compression driver
- Three-way system
- K Series performance in a lightweight, birch design
- 1000 watt Class D power modules in all models (2 x 500 W continuous)
- Extensive DSP featuring DEEP™ and Intrinsic Correction™ enhances system performance
- DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field
- Rugged, texture-painted birch enclosures
- Four-position Mic/Line gain
- Tour-grade 16 gauge steel grilles
- Comfortable ergonomic handles
- Standard (non-tilt) pole socket
- M10 rigging points for suspended installation (full-range models)
QSC KW153 Specifications
- Configuration: 15" 3-way multipurpose
- Low-frequency: 15" cone transducer
- Mid-frequency: 6.5" mid range cone transducer
- High-frequency: 1.75" diaphragm compression driver
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 35 Hz - 18 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 3 Hz - 20 kHz
- Nominal Coverage (-6 dB): 7° axisymmetric
- Maximum SPL1: 134 dB peak
- Power Output:
- 1000 W Class D (500 W LF, 500 W HF) continuous
- 2000 W peak
- Controls: Power, Gain A, Gain B, Channel A Input Gain (0 dB / 12 dB / 24 dB / 36 dB), LF Mode (Ext Sub/Norm/DEEP™), HF Mode (Flat/Vocal Boost), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Indicators: Power, Signal A, Signal B, Standby, Limit, Mic (24 dB and 36 dB settings)
- Connectors: Balanced female XLR/¼" line/mic level input, Balanced female XLR/¼" line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out , Balanced male XLR "mix" out, Stereo RCA line level input, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector
- Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail™
- Transducer Protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100-240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz
- Material: 15 mm painted birch plywood
- Finish: Black textured paint
- Grille: Black powder coated 16 gauge steel
- Dimensions (HWD):
- 43.1" x 18.5" x 16.8"
- 1094 mm x 470 mm x 427 mm
- Weight (Net): 87 lb (39.5 kg)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer QSC SKU SQSCKW153 Model KW153-BK-CM GTIN 0684284059802