Prism Titan - Premium USB 2.0 Audio Interface
The Prism Titan is a USB2 audio interface for both Mac and PC featuring 8 analogue and ten digital inputs, 10 analogue and digital outputs, 4 high-end microphone preamps, low-latency monitoring, dual headphone amps and premium AD/DA throughout.
The 4 Mic preamps are software controlled with 1dB gain steps, switchable phantom power and 20dB pads, and each of the analogue inputs feature Prism Overkillers, a soft limiter to control transient overloads. There are also two high-impedance instrument inputs of the first two channels.
- Channels 1 & 2: Microphone, instrument or line
- Channels 3 & 4: Microphone or line
- Channels 5 - 8: Line inputs
Digital connections are on both RCA/phono and TOSLINK. The RCA can handle stereo S/PDIF and AES3 via an adapter. The TOSLINK connector provides optical 8 channel ADAT.
The Titan features ten analogue line outputs, the first eight are found on the rear whilst the final two outputs function as a dedicated stereo headphone output which is shared by two headphone amps, each with their own front panel volume control. All these outputs mean the Titan can be fully integrated into your studio set up allowing the use of outboard processing or even setting up for 7.1 surround monitoring.
The DSP driven digital mixer provides users with an ultra low-latency monitoring solution. Artists can monitor direct trough this mixer when tracking and avoid any of the latency incurred by monitoring via the DAW.
The Prism Sound Titan also has an MDIO expansion slot enabling it to accommodate other digital interfaces such as Pro Tools HDX and AES multichannel options.
Prism Titan Features
- 8x analogue line I/O
- 4 high-grade mic pres (with switchable mic pads)
- 2 high impedance instrument inputs
- 8x optical ADAT I/O (or 4x SMUX, 2x TOSlink)
- 2x SPDIF/AES I/O
- 2x Headphone outputs (sharing a single stereo bus)
- MDIO slot for optional digital interfaces
- Ethernet port (for future potential AVB and networking integration)
- Wordclock I/O
- Mac OS X and Windows drivers included
- No-compromise, full Prism Sound audio quality
- Dedicated USB interface
- ASIO drivers provided for Windows VISTA, 7 and 8 (32 and 64bit)
- Directly compatible with CORE AUDIO on Mac OS X 10.4+
- Eight "Prism Sound" premium-quality AD and DA channels
- Concurrent operation of ADAT and switchable S/PDIF or AES3 ports
- Four high-end integrated mic preamps (typ.-130dBu EIN), switchable phantom
- MS Matrix processing on mic inputs
- Two instrument inputs
- RIAA Equalization on inputs 1 & 2
- Prism Sound "Overkillers" on every analogue channel to control transient overloads
- Fully-floating (isolated) balanced architecture for optimum noise rejection
- Mono or stereo input configurations
- Outputs selectable between workstation bus or Titan mixer
- Low-latency "console-quality" digital mixer for foldback monitoring
- Fader, pan, cut, solo on every mixer channel
- Dual headphone outputs each with its own front-panel volume control
- Front-panel master volume control, assignable to selected channels
- Configurable for stereo, 5.1 or 7.1 or surround monitoring
- Built-in sample rate conversion (SRC) on S/PDIF Inputs and Outputs
- Prism Sound 4-curve SNS noise shaping on digital outputs
- State-of-the-art clock generation with proprietary hybrid 2-stage DPLL
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Prism SKU SPRITITAN Model Prism Titan GTIN N/A Single or Pair N/A