Phoenix Audio DRSQ4M MKII
The Phoenix Audio DRS-Q4M MKII is a professional Microphone Preamp and DI with -30dB input pad, High Pass Filter and Class A inputs. This Preamp allows a vast variety of sounds, useful for everything from clean high-headroom mix buss tone shaping to deep frequency carving to smooth Class-A circuit saturation.
4-Bands of Gyration
The Gyrator EQ was first developed during what most consider the golden age of solid-state analog audio design: the 1970s. Originally designed to emulate the characteristics of an active inductor EQ (think Neve, API), the Gyrator EQ uses a rather clever combination of an amplifier, resistors and capacitors to accomplish incredibly smooth and musical frequency modifications. The modern-day Phoenix DRS Gyrator EQ gives you High, High-Mid, Low-Mid and Low frequency bands, each notched to proven frequencies from a shimmering 15kHz on down to a thumping 40Hz. There's also a high pass filter at 80Hz, which can eliminate rumble or be used "against" low-end boosts for an extra range of unique EQ curves (think: Pultec). Even at extreme boosts and cuts, the DRS Gyrator EQ's uniquely musical filters maintain the core quality of your original signal, allowing you to make bold, gut-level EQ moves that won't sound harsh, slurred or out of phase. Used more subtly, these four filters are capable of highly coherent tone shaping suitable for full mixes and mastering.
Driving the Output Circuit for More Tone Shaping
Phoenix Audio's renown DSOP-2 output amplifier, with its custom-wound transformer, is able to deliver everything from ultra-clean signals with abundant headroom to fat, fully saturated tones. By lowering the output attenuator and boosting the input signal, one can drive the DSOP-2 output stage for a wide variety of lush, Class-A saturation. Or, do the opposite—back off on the input while boosting the output—and you'll get huge, clean, hi-fi tones. Many engineers even use the DRS Gyrator EQ completely flat in order to simply add the musicality of Phoenix Audio’s proprietary amplifier circuits.
Versatile And Effortless, Day After Day
The DRS Gyrator EQ is a powerfully versatile, high-quality studio tool. Unlike many Class-A EQs that just do "their thing" due to inherent distortion characteristics, the DRS Gyrator EQ keeps the input signal clean, making it possible for the engineer to keep tones transparent or saturate them to taste. Importantly, doing so is effortless and intuitive due to the DRS Gyrator's straight-forward design and unerring musicality. Those who own this EQ tell us that it quickly becomes their "go to EQ"—used effortlessly daily across a vast variety of instruments, voices and full mixes.
- Input Stange: Class A, transformerless, true-balanced mic input.
- Wiring: PTFE silver plated military grade cable
- Input pad: -30dB
- High Pass Filter: -6dB per octave @ 120Hz
- LED: Gain Metering
- Push buttons: Hi-Pass, 48v, Phase Reverse, Switchable 48V phantom power on push-button switch
- Roll-off: -6dB per octave @ 80Hz
- Phase Reverse: On Push-Button Switch
- Mic Pre Gain Range: -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the ouput fader.
- Output: +26dBu @ 1kHz, Noise = -90dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Frequency Response Mic Input Stage: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz
- Frequency response Class A (DSOP-2) output stage: 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5dB, Maximum
- 1U half rack space unit: With 240V/110V mains voltage input selector switch
- Class A (DSOP-2) Output specs. Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5dB,
- Maximum Output Level: +26dBu @ 1kHz
- Noise: -90dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Output connections: XLR and TSR 1/4″ Jack on rear
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Phoenix SKU SPHEDRSQ4MMK2 Model DRSQ4MMK2 GTIN No
£1,499.00 (inc. vat) £1,249.17 (ex. vat)