Phoenix Audio DRS2
The Phoenix Audio DRS2 is a dual mic preamp and DI that provides you with a Class-A, transformerless, true-balanced mic input stage with -30 dB pads, LED metering and military grade cabling. Phoenix Audio DRS2 takes a modern approach to Class-A circuit design that delivers a range of tones without sacrificing the beloved vibe of true Class-A design.
The unique DRS circuit can go from ultra-clean sounds suitable for audiophile recordings all the way to the warm, saturated tones reminiscent of the UK's most heralded vintage designs. Versatility and superior sound have made the DRS Preamp/DI a top-tier choice for engineers around the world and a modern day classic.
- Phoenix Audio's unique Class A, transformerless, true-balanced mic input stage
- Phoenix Audio's transformer-balanced DSOP-2 Class-A discrete output stage with custom wound DB694 output transformer
- Wired with PTFE silver plated military grade cable
- -30dB input pad
- High Pass Filter: -6dB per octave @ 120Hz
- LED Gain Metering
- Push buttons: Hi-Pass, 48v, Phase Reverse, Switchable 48V phantom power on push-button switch
- High Pass Filter on Push-button Switch (Roll-off -6dB per octave @ 80Hz)
- Phase Reverse on Push-Button Switch
- Mic Pre Gain Range: -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the ouput fader.
- Output = +26dBu @ 1kHz, Noise = -90dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Frequency Response Mic Input Stage: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz
- Frequency response Class A (DSOP-2) output stage: 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5dB, Maximum
- Stereo 1U unit: With 240V/110V mains voltage input selector switch
- Outputs: XLR’s and TSR 1/4″ Jack on rear
- Microphone inputs: XLR’s on Front and Rear Panels
- Individual Earth Lift: Push-button switches
- Gain Range (Mic input): -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the fader
- Gain reduction: -30dB push-button Mic/Line switch (Mic input)
- High Input Impedance DI: Mono 1/4″ Jack on front panel
- Gain Meter: LED Metering
- Phantom Power: Switchable 48V phantom on Push-button Switches
- High Pass Filter: on Push-button Switch
- Phase Reverse: on Push-button Switch
- Mic Input Frequency Response: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz
- DI Input Frequency Response: -0.3dB @ 40Hz, – 0.5dB @ 25kHz
- Typical Headroom: +26dB on Mic-Pre stage
- DI Stage gain: Maximum of 30dB
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Phoenix SKU SPHEDRS2 Model PhoenixDR2 GTIN NA