Neumann TLM103-D MT - Black
The Neumann TLM 103-D MT is a digital, large diaphragm condenser microphone with a cardioid polar pattern. It comes packaged in a robust wooden box and includes an SG1 stand mount. The TLM 103 D provides all of the sound features of its analog counterpart, in addition to the advantages of digital circuit technology. Pure Neumann sound in the digital domain, for use with AES/EBU, AES 42 or S/PDIF. The signal is converted directly at the capsule. Black Finish.
By utilizing the tried and true transformerless circuit found in numerous Neumann microphones, the TLM 103 D features yet unattained low self-noise and the highest sound pressure level transmission. The capsule, derived from that used in the U 87, has a cardioid pattern, is acoustically well-balanced and provides extraordinary attenuation of signals from the rear.
The TLM 103 is equipped with a large diaphragm capsule with cardioid pattern. By focusing on this pattern – used in most recording situations – the attenuation of unwanted rear sound has been optimized. Off-axis sounds are rendered naturally while isolation is increased. This also leads to a high feedback suppression when the microphone is used in live situations or where loudspeaker playback is a factor.
The TLM 103 D is addressed from the front, marked with the red Neumann logo on the microphone body. The K 103 large diaphragm capsule is based on the K 87, well known from the U 67 / U 87 microphones.The capsule has a flat frequency response up to about 5 kHz, and above that, a wide flat 4 dB presence boost.
The large wire mesh headgrille protects the capsule from plosive sounds and effectively prevents pop noises. These characteristics are achieved without resorting to corrective resonance effects.
Therefore, the microphone maintains an excellent impulse response and reproduces the finest details of music and speech without coloration.
Neumann TLM103-D MT Features
- Large diaphragm cardioid microphone
- Pressure gradient transducer with with one-diaphragm capsule
- Includes swivel mount
- The legendary Neumann sound in the digital realm.
- Pure Neumann capsule sound.
- The satisfaction of recording the uncolored original, with no "bottlenecks" between the capsule and the recording system.
- The guarantee of having one of the best
- A/D converters available.
- Anti-clipping processing ensures handling safety, and reduces stress.
- Reduced time requirements and personnel costs, particularly due to faster post production processing.
- Lower investment costs, since separate A/D converters and preamps are no longer needed. This also means space and weight savings (e.g. in the OB van).
In The Box
- Microphone TLM 103 D
- SG 2 stand mount
- Wooden box
- A universal cardioid mic
- Vocalist recording
- Announcer's mic for broadcasting/voice over
- Due to minimal self-noise: on-air mic for radio/broadcast, very low amplitude signals, radio drama, sampling, foley/sound effects
- Home recording and project studios
- Spot mic for: wind instruments, strings, percussion, guitar amps, drum overhead
Neumann TLM103-D Specifications
- Acoustic transducer: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional characteristic: Cardioid
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Free-field sensitivity1): –39 dBFS
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR3): 17.5 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted3): 7 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio2), CCIR3): 76.5 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio2), A-weighted3): 87 dB
- Maximum SPL at 0 dBFS: 134 dBSPL
- Dynamic range, A-weighted3): 127 dB
- 44,1/48 kHz: 52 samples
- 88,2/96 kHz: 61 samples
- 176,4/192 kHz: 121 samples (AES 3)
- Sampling rate: 48 kHz
- Gain: 10 dB (variable with DMI-2)
- Compressor on, Attack time 100 ms, Release time 0.5 s, Threshold –10 dBFS, Ratio 2:1
- Supply voltage range: +6 V to +10.5 V
- Current consumption: max. 150 mA
- Weight: approx. 460 g
- Diameter: 60 mm
- Length: 132 mm
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Neumann SKU SNEUTLM103DMT Model 008604 GTIN 4006087086049