Neumann KMR 81 D - Short gun digital microphone, Nextel
The Neumann KMR 81-D is a digital short shotgun microphone for broadcasting/ENG, film and video productions. The KMR 81-D is the transition of the well-established KMR 81 i shotgun microphone into the digital domain. It provides all of the features of its analog counterpart, which made it a favorite of sound engineers in movie and documentary productions. Additionally it offers the advantages of the digital circuit technology, such as extended dynamic range, a more robust operation (EMC safe) and the avoidance of clipping as a result of the integrated peak limiter/compressor.
The settings for all functions can be recalled, set and stored in the microphone by using one of the digital microphone interfaces.
Neumann KMR 81-D NX Specifications
- Interference tube microphone with shotgun directional characteristic
- Interference/pressure-gradient transducer
- High lateral and back attenuation
- 90°-recording angle
- Extensive accessories for outdoor use
- Light weight: 90 g
- The legendary Neumann sound in the digital realm. Pure Neumann capsule sound.
- The satisfaction of recording the uncolored original, with no "bottlenecks" between the capsule and the recording system.
- The guarantee of having one of the best A/D converters available.
- Anti-clipping processing ensures handling safety, and reduces stress.
- Reduced time requirements and personnel costs, particularly due to faster post production processing.
- Lower investment costs, since separate A/D converters and preamps are no longer needed. This also means space and weight savings (e.g. in the OB van).
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Neumann SKU SNEUKMR81D Model 008648 GTIN 4006087086483 Single or Pair N/A