The MOTU MX4 Virtual Instrument Plug-In features several core synthesis techniques in a unified, hybrid synthesis engine, delivering fresh and vintage sounds. The MOTU MX 4 Virtual Instrument is the "go-to" instrument. With fat basses, nasty leads, analog pads, vintage electronica, it's all at your fingertips. Also conveniently saved with your DAW application projects for instant recall.
Tweaking sounds is fast and easy with clearly presented controls, but with in-depth and precise controls you will love. Create music with clear 32-bit sound quality, unlimited number of voices and unlimited polyphony (as much as your host computer allows). MOTU MX4's flexible programming and advanced modulation architecture gives you the intimacy of a vintage synth, the flexibility of a modular synth, and the innovation of a virtual synth.
MOTU MX4 Features
- Unlimited voices, polyphony and instantiations (as many as your host computer allows).
- Sample-accurate playback (with host applications that support this OS X feature).
- Plug-in convenience all settings are saved with host software projects for instant recall.
- Modulatable effects built-in chorus, phaser, flanger, reverb, and delay effects are integrated into MX4's modulation architecture and are saved as part of the patch.
- Three wavetable oscillators choose from over 90 wavetables with or without aliasing.
- Audio input process any audio signal with MX4's flexible synthesis engine in real time.
- Modulatable waveform symmetry create and automate dynamic changes in harmonics.
- Oscillator sync create hard sync effects, just like the legendary Sequential Circuits Prophet Five and other classic polysynths.
- Frequency modulation (FM) oscillator 3 serves as an FM source for oscillator 1, oscillator 2 and the filters.
- Two resonant multimode filters use low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and notch filters with 4 slope settings for a total of 16 different filter types. Create a wide variety of vintage keyboard sounds. Or stack both filters for 48dB per octave.
- Variable Filter Topology use 14 different filter and distortion configurations to produce over 3,000 different filter topologies, before you even begin tweaking filter parameters.
- Six variable waveshape LFOs each includes adjustable symmetry, rate delay, fade & phase.
- Four DADSHR envelopes. Envelope time segments adjustable from 0 to 20 seconds.
- Modulation sources all continuously variable parameters, including LFOs and envelopes, can be modulated by many sources, including track automation, MIDI controllers, LFOs & envelopes. Simply choose a source from a menu and then option-click the MX4 knob or fader that you wish to control with it.
- Open modulation architecture each source can modulate an unlimited number of parameters simultaneously, providing the highest degree of programming flexibility possible. Conversely, any parameter can be simultaneously modulated by multiple sources.
- Compatible with Mac OS X Tiger
- Multi-architecture synthesis engine wavetable, frequency modulation (FM), amplitude modulation (AM) & analog emulation.
- Plug-in formats: MAS (OS X), RTAS (OS X), Audio Units (OS X)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer MOTU SKU SMOTMX4 Model SMOTMX4 GTIN N/A Single or Pair N/A