MOTU 8M - Thunderbolt Audio Interface with 8 Mic Preamps
The MOTU 8M is a hybrid thunderbolt and usb 2.0 (3.0 compatible) audio interface that features 8 extremely high quality MOTU microphone pre-amplifiers which each sport V-Limit protection to ensure clipping doesn't ruin your sound. Each of the MOTU 8M's combo inputs feature both balanced line-level and unbalanced instrument-level signal so you can connect a variety of different sound sources.
The MOTU 8M is compatible with both Mac and PC via high-speed USB 2.0 (USB 3.0 compatible) or Thunderbolt and the industry standard drivers and class-compliant firmware allows the MOTU 8M to work with any audio software.
The MOTU 8M Thunderbolt Audio Interface's 32bit floating point DSP processor features a digital mixer modeled after large format mixing consoles and DSP effects, such as Reverb, 4-band Equaliser, gate and compression which model sought after hardware units.
One of the great new features that MOTU have added to the new range of thunderbolt interfaces is the ability to connect multiple interfaces together via Ethernet or the MOTU AVB interface. Via either you can connect your 8M to another compatible MOTU interface but if you need more connectivity you can connect upto 5 units together via the MOTU AVB interface and because the MOTU 8M and AVB use standard Cat-5e Ethernet cable, latency or cable runs aren't any kind of issue.
When connected to a wireless network the MOTU 8M can be controlled via nearly any device via a web app or app store app on the iPad/iPhone making it a great standalone live mixer.
MOTU 8M Thunderbolt Audio Interface Features:
- A fantastic 24-in/24-out hybrid audio interface for studio and live sound applications
- 8 pristine microphone pre-amplifiers offer clear and transparent sound of any kind of microphone
- V-Limit overload protection offers 9dB of headroom to prevent digital clipping
- ADAT optical I/O lets you expand your system with additional outboard gear
- Choose from ultra-low-latency Thunderbolt or high-speed USB 2.0 computer connectivity
- Onboard 32-bit floating point DSP-driven digital mixer with EQ, dynamics, and effects provides latency-free routing
- Hook up a wireless router and take complete control of the onboard mixer from your iOS device - no computer needed!
- MOTU's AVB audio networking lets you easily expand your system and additional AVB equipped audio interfaces
- Create an AVB network via optional AVB Switches for support for up to five compatible interfaces
- Additional Information
Manufacturer MOTU SKU SMOT8M Model 8M GTIN 0839128005914 Single or Pair N/A