MOTU 624 - 16 x 16 Thunderbolt / USB3 Audio Interface
Equipped with renowned ESS Sabre32 DAC technology, the MOTU 624 has the same award-winning analog audio quality and proven performance as MOTU's flagship 1248 interface - packed into a mobile half-rack enclosure.
32 simultaneous audio channels:
Studio-grade I/O for on-the-go recording. You get 2 mic inputs, 2 guitar inputs, 4 x 6 balanced analog with dedicated main outs, 8-channel ADAT optical and independent headphone out for 16 inputs and 16 outputs. The optical ports also support stereo TOSLink (optical S/PDIF).
Superb analog audio quality and high-end converters:
Performance suitable for the most demanding situations. Renowned ESS Sabre32 DAC technology delivers 123 dB dynamic range and the same proven, award-winning audio quality as MOTU's flagship 1248.
Ultra-low latency and proven, high-performance MOTU drivers:
The best possible latency performance. The 624 delivers round-trip latency (RTL) performance as low as 1.6 ms at 96kHz over Thunderbolt - and an astonishing 1.9 ms over USB - with high-performance DAW hosts.
Mobile operation and universal connectivity:
Ultimate portability and flexibility. Connects to your computer with Thunderbolt, super-speed USB 3.0 or AVB/TSN Ethernet - with support for up to 256 audio channels (128 in and 128 out). USB audio class-compliant firmware and high-performance, industry-standard drivers work with any audio apps. Connects to your iPad with a standard camera connection kit (adapter).
DSP mixing and effects processing:
Console-style mixing with 48 channels and 12 busses. The 624's full-fledged 48-input digital mixer delivers 7 stereo aux busses, 3 groups, access to 64 network inputs, and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate and compression. If you know your way around a large-format mixing console, you'll feel right at home. If you've ever wished to mix on a large console, the driver's seat is now yours.
Modelled vintage effects processing:
Vintage processing with 32-bit float precision. Classic reverb. Compression modelled after the legendary LA-2A compressor. EQ modelled after British analog console EQs. The 624's mixing and effects DSP engine delivers virtually unlimited headroom and the utmost in sound quality.
Flexible matrix routing and splitting:
Route your audio anywhere with one-click ease. Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the audio network.
Web app control from any device:
Control everything from your laptop, tablet and smartphone. The software that you use to control the 624 doesn't reside on your hard drive. It's a web app served from the hardware itself. This means you can control the 624's on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from your favourite web browser on a laptop, tablet or smartphone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network. Use any web client on any platform - Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android - as long as it shares the same network.
Stand-alone operation with wireless control:
No computer or laptop needed. Connect an Apple Airport or other Wi-Fi router with a standard Ethernet cable for wireless control of device settings, powerful 48-channel mixing and DSP effects.
View all I/O activity at a glance - in full colour. The full-colour LCD lets you view all signal activity at a glance with detailed metering for all analog and digital I/O. Access hardware settings from a simple and convenient menu.
Powerful audio workstation technology for Mac and Windows:
Includes AudioDesk workstation software for Mac and Windows with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.
MOTU 624 Features
- 16-in/16-out hybrid audio interface for studio and live sound
- ESS Sabre32 DAC technology delivers 123dB of dynamic range and superb audio quality
- Optimized drivers yield round-trip latency as low as 1.6ms at 96kHz via Thunderbolt and 1.9ms via USB
- 2 pristine microphone preamps offer clear and transparent sound
- 8 channels of ADAT optical digital I/O expands your system with additional gear
- Onboard 32-bit floating point DSP-driven digital mixer with EQ, dynamics, and effects provides latency-free routing
- Hook up a wireless router and take complete control of the onboard mixer from your laptop, tablet, or smartphone
- MOTU''s AVB audio networking expands your system with additional AVB-equipped audio interfaces
- Create an AVB network via optional AVB Switches with support for up to 5 compatible interfaces
- Max Bit Rate (bit): 24
- Max Sample Rate (KHz): 192
- 2x 1/4" (Hi-Z instrument)
- 4x 1/4" (line in)
- 2 x XLR
- 1x Optical Toslink (ADAT, SMUX, S/PDIF)
- 4x 1/4" (line out)
- 2x 1/4" (main out)
- 1x Optical Toslink (ADAT, SMUX, S/PDIF)
- Power Supply: Mains Adapter
- Weight (g): 1000
- Dimensions (mm): 218 x 178 x 44
- System Requirements (PC): Windows 7 or later, Android
- System Requirements (Mac): OS X 10.8 or later, iOS
- Additional Information
Manufacturer MOTU SKU SMOT624 Model 624 GTIN 839128006034
£925.00 (inc. vat) £770.83 (ex. vat)
£1,775.00 (inc. vat) £1,479.17 (ex. vat)
£1,006.80 (inc. vat) £839.00 (ex. vat)
£799.00 (inc. vat) £665.83 (ex. vat)