Moog Moogerfooger MF-102 Ring Modulatior Pedal
The Moog MF-102 Ring Modulator is a direct descendant of the original Moog modular synthesizers. It contains three complete modular functions: a ring modulator, a voltage-controlled carrier oscillator, and voltage-contolled dual-waveform LFO. It can be used to process any instrument-level to line-level signal.
The moogerfooger ring modulator can create effects ranging from subtle tremolo to harmonically rich distortion, gong-like sounds, sweeps, swoops, and divebombs. It can be subtle, or outlandish in it's use - you decide!
Moog MF-102 Features
- FREQUENCY rotary control, which varies the carrier frequency over a six-octave range.
- RATE rotary control, which varies the LFO's frequency from 0.1 Hz to 25 Hz.
- LFO AMOUNT rotary control, which adjusts the amount that the LFO output sweeps the carrier oscillator.
- MIX rotary control, which crossfades continuously from unmodulated to modulated audio.
- DRIVE rotary control, which adjusts the gain of the audio input.
- SQUARE-SINE rocker switch, which chooses the LFO waveform.
- LO-HI rocker switch, which chooses between the low frequency carrier range (2 Hz to 130 Hz) and the high frequency carrier range (60 Hz to 4,000 Hz).
- LEVEL, a three-color LED that is used to set the DRIVE control.
- LFO, a LED that indicates the LFO rate.
- BYPASS, a two-color LED that tells whether the ring modulator is on or bypassed.
- ON/BYPASS, a rugged, smooth-acting stomp switch.
- AUDIO IN 1/4" phone jack - accepts any instrument-level or line-level audio signal from -16 dBm to +4 dbm.
- AUDIO OUT 1/4" phone jack - -4 dBm nominal output level.
- FREQUENCY, RATE, LFO AMOUNT, MIX, all of which are stereo 1/4" jacks that accept moogerfooger EP1 (or equivalent) expression pedals, or control voltages from two-circuit or three-circuit 1/4" jacks.
- AUX AUDIO IN - provides a means of applying an external signal to the ring modulator, in place of the carrier oscillator.
- LFO OUT jack - delivers the LFO voltage for use by other voltage-controlled devices.
- CARRIER OUT jack - delivers the carrier signal for use by other devices.
- +9V POWER INPUT jack
- CASE: Black panel with hardwood sides - classic analog appearance.
- DIMENSIONS: 9" x 6" x 2-1/2"
- NET WEIGHT: 2 lb
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Moog SKU SMOOMF102 Model MF-102 GTIN NA