Mojave MA-200 Large Diaphragm, Vacuum Tube Condenser Microphone with a Cardioid Pattern
The Mojave Audio MA-200 is a wonderful sounding microphone that is well made, well packaged and unbelievably priced. It is a great consideration to any studio or engineer looking to broaden their sonic pallet. The Mojave MA-200 large diaphragm vacuum tube condenser delivers a warm and full bodied reproduction of vocals and all acoustic instruments without the shrillness and high frequency artifacts of other modern large diaphragm condenser microphones in this price range.
The MA-200 features a hand-selected 3-micron capsule, high-quality Jensen audio transformers and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes. Each MA-200 microphone, power supply and cable set is burned in for 24 hours, carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case-within-a-case.
- Transducer Type: Externally excited capacitor type
- Diaphragm: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- Diaphragm Thickness: 3-microns
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +/-3dB
- Sensitivity: -37dB re 1V/pa
- Maximum SPL: 120dB
- Distortion: head amp only, <1% @117dB SPL, <3% @ 125dB SPL
- Self Noise: 14db nominal, not to exceed 16db (A Weighted)
- Impedance: 200 ohms, balanced using an output transformer
- Vacuum Tube: 5840 - pentode tube wired for triode operation
- Power Requirements: 100-120VAC; 220-240VAC, 50 or 60 Hz. Power consumption approx. 10 watts.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Mojave SKU SMOJMA200 Model Mojave MA-200 Large Diaphragm Condenser GTIN No Single or Pair N/A