The Meris Ottobit is a 500-series bitcrusher module made in California with a premium analogue signal path and 24-bit AD/DA with 32 Bit floating point DSP. Along with bit reduction (right down to 1-bit) and sample rate decimation, Ottobit offers ring modulation, envelopes and LFO Modifiers and tap tempo control to trigger the envelopes.
Ottobit is a powerful creative tool for electronic musicians and producers, offering an unique collection of processing elements giving you absolute control over interesting textures, sweeping sample rate changes, tremelos, vibratos, vintage octavers and primal pitch shifting inspired by Kubrick’s use of the Information Rate Changer.
Ottobit will smash, crush and decimate your signal opening up a whole universe of aural possibilities. Its design is unique, granting you the power to make any sound source sound like early 8- or 16-bit video games soundtracks.
Meris Ottobit Features
- Sample Rate Decimation
- Bit Reduction
- Pitch Track Enabled Ring Modulator
- Tap Tempo controlled Triggered Envelopes & LFO Modifiers
- Selectable LFO and Ring Mod Waveshapes
- Blendable Ring Mod AM/FM Modulation
- Premium analog signal path and 24-bit AD/DA w/32 bit floating point DSP
- Designed and Built in Los Angeles, California U.S.A.
- Sample Rate: Decimate sample rate
- Bit Reduction: Variable bit reduction down to 1 bit
- Levels: User controlled gain and mix
- Ring Mod: Pitch track enabled ring modulator
- Tap Tempo: Tap tempo controlled triggered envelopes & LFO modifiers
- Waveforms: Selectable LFO and Ring Mod Waveshapes – from sine and triangle to square waveforms
- Frequency Modulation: Parallel blendable Ring Mod AM/FM Modulation
- Signal path: Premium analog signal path and 24-bit AD/DA
- DSP: 32 bit floating point DSP
- Bypass: 100% Analogue bypass
- Power consumption: <100mA total power consumption
- Manufacture: Designed and Built in Los Angeles, California U.S.A.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Meris SKU SMRSOTTO Model OTTOBIT GTIN NA Single or Pair N/A