Mercury 66 MKIII - Fairchild Style Mono Limiter
Mercury Recording Equipment have went to great lengths to recreate the famous Fairchild mono limiter both aesthetically and to capture the fantastic tone of the original unit. The Mercury 66 MKIII is hand made and assembled in the USA using only the finest components with no compromise.
The Mercury 66 MKIII is all tube and is useful for many recording applications from taming kick drums, squashing room mics or adding that magical shimmering sustain to acoustic guitars. A great addition to any profesional recording studio there is a reason the Fairchild is one of the most sought after compressor/limiters ever made.
Mercury 66 Mk. III Features:
- Exceptional tone and musical focus
- Absence of audible thumps, distortion or noise
- Extremely fast attack time that can produce full limiting in 1/5000th of a second
- Variable release time from .3 seconds to 25 seconds
- Useful as a limiter or a compressor depending on the program material and control settings
- Reliability and stability (All components operate well below their rated maximums)
- All tube, fully balanced (push-pull) transformer coupled circuitry
- Simple, easy to use controls.
Mercury 66 MKII Specifications:
- Transformers: 600 ohm Input and Output
- Gain: 7 db (no limiting)
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz- 15 kHz +/- 1 db
- Noise: -74 dB below OdBm
- THD: < 1%
- Compression Ratio: 1:1 to 1:20
- Attack Time:  0.2 ms,  0.2 ms,  0.4 ms,  0.8 ms,  0.4 ms,  0.2 ms
- Release Time:  0.3 ms,  0.8 ms,  2 sec,  5 sec,  auto 1,  auto 2
- Tubes: (1) 6BC8, (2) 6V6, 12BH7, 12AX7, EL34, 5AR4 or GZ34, 5751
- Rack Size: 3U
- Weight: 38 lbs.
- Shipping Size: 25" x 19" x 10"
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Mercury SKU SMER66MKIII Model Mercury 66 MKIII GTIN N/A Single or Pair N/A