Maselec MDS-2 De-Esser
The Maselec MDS-2 is a professional outboard high-frequency limiter (De-esser). This 19” rack-able limiter is perfect for reducing those top-end hisses in your vinyl record, vocals and atmos recordings.
Automatic time constants and optimisation techniques for the gain reduction minimises the number of controls. The advantage is not only simple operation but also increased performance for highly dynamic and inconsistent materials without the need for continuous readjustments.
With wide input range, up to +29dBu input and low noise, the MDS-2 can be used in many different applications.
The side chain can be switched to M-S, which can be used to zoom in on high frequencies in the centre of the stereo image. With this function switched in the threshold is 6dB lower for the centre image compared to extreme left and right. The M-S function does not affect the actual audio path.
- Input dynamic Range: Better than 120dB
- Output dynamic range: Better than 120dB
- Maximum input level: 129dBu (balanced)
- Maximum output level: 129dBu (balanced)
- Distortion: Typically less than 0.003%
- HF limiter attack time: Programme dependent 1msec to 20msec
- Release time: Programme dependent
- Input impedance: 100kW ground floating electronically balanced
- Output impedance: 34+34W electronically balanced
- Threshold: 26dB to + ∞
- Gain: 0dB
- H.F. Limiter: >2kHz
- Power: 90-130, 180-260 Volts @ 50-60 Hz
- Fuse: 315mA, anti surge (slow)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Maselec SKU SMASMDS2 Model MDS-2 GTIN NA Single or Pair N/A
£408.00 (inc. vat) £340.00 (ex. vat)
£4,656.00 (inc. vat) £3,880.00 (ex. vat)
£149.00 (inc. vat) £124.17 (ex. vat)
£8,297.05 (inc. vat) £6,914.21 (ex. vat)