Mackie 1642-VLZ4 - 16x4x2 Compact Mixer with 10 Mic Pre-Amps
The Mackie 1642-VLZ4 is a compact analogue 16-channel, 4-bus mixer with 10 boutique quality Onyx mic preamps and 3-band EQ. The 1642-VLZ4 also features 4 balanced inserts, 4 aux sends and 4 stereo returns for integrating outboard gear, an alternative 3/4 stereo bus for added routing flexibility, and all housed within a rugged steel chassis.
The VLZ4 design goal was simple: every VLZ4 mixer must have the highest headroom and lowest noise possible. Strict attention to component quality and tolerances has led to innovations like our custom M80 op-amps and class-leading negative summing bus architecture that add yet another level of assurance that a Mackie VLZ4 mixer is the right choice for your professional audio application.
Mackie VLZ mixers are truly “Built-Like-A-Tank.” From beer spills to drops from moving vehicles, the testimonials are as endless as the applications Mackie mixers serve. The VLZ4 series is certainly no exception. With a nearly indestructible steel wrap-around chassis and features like grime-resistant rotary sealed pots, you can be sure that buying a Mackie VLZ4 mixer is a solid investment.
VLZ4’s new black powder coat finish, cockpit-inspired controls and high-contrast knobs not only optimize your mixer’s usability in low-light scenarios, it also means your mixer looks as good as it performs.
Mackie 1202-VLZ4 Features
- 16-channel mixer featuring Mackie signature high-headroom/low-noise design
- 10 boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps
- Ultra-wide 60dB gain range
- 128.5 dB dynamic range
- +22 dBu line input handling
- Extended frequency response
- Distortion under 0.0007% (20Hz – 50kHz)
- Phantom power for studio condenser mics
- Improved RF rejection perfect for broadcast applications
- Phantom power for condenser mics
- 16 high-headroom line inputs with +4/-10 operation control
- 4 aux sends, level, pan and PFL solo on each channel
- 3-band EQ (80Hz, 2.5kHz, 12kHz)
- 18 dB/oct 75Hz low-cut filter on mic input channels
- 60mm long-wearing log-taper faders
- 4 stereo returns for connecting FX processor or other stereo source
- ALT 3/4 stereo bus for added routing flexibility
- Control room / phones source matrix
- High-resolution 12-segment stereo meters
- Sealed rotary control resist dust and grime
- “Built-Like-A-Tank” rugged steel chassis with powder-coat finish
- High-visibility, high-contrast controls deliver convenient “at-a-glance” visual feedback
- Rack-mountable design using optional rack ear kit
- Multi-voltage power supply for worldwide use
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Mackie SKU SMAK1642VLZ4 Model 1642-VLZ4 GTIN 0663961039733