Lynx Aurora 32 (N) Pro Tools HD bundle
The Lynx Aurora(n) 32 is a professional AD/DA unit built into a beautiful 1U rack format allowing easy and simple installation into your studio setup. This converter offers you sample rates up to 192 kHz and uncompressed, unequalised audio for studios, mastering facilities, remote recording, broadcast and production. Lynx’s exclusive SynchroLock word clock offers extreme jitter reduction, providing clean digital audio signals for Aurora and other digital devices in the studio.
This Lynx aurora comes with the LT-HD firmware for their Aurora and Hilo converters. The LT-HD version 10 firmware update for the LT-HD card allows the Aurora 16, Aurora 8 and Hilo to emulate the interface characteristics of the Avid HD I/O converter, allowing seamless operation with Avid systems including HDX and HD Native.
Signal coloration is additive and can kill an otherwise pristine mix. That’s why a colored mix begins to collapse while the transparent mix has space, definition and a level of detail that is simply unattainable with converters that add color and distortion. Lynx’s hallmark sonic transparency is why Lynx converters are being used in the most mission-critical audio applications and in the world’s finest recording facilities.
Lynx converters have been specified for their uncanny ability to convert signals without adding any artifacts or color. For audio engineers and producers demanding the most pristine recordings and mixes Lynx is the converter of choice at facilities like Dolby’s new mega complex of audio research, Skywalker Sound, NPR, and the Smithsonian Institute. Lynx converters pass the most stringent tests and shoot outs to become the sought after converters for these discerning professionals. Precision matters more than ever and there is no place for even the slightest coloration or degradation of the signal.
Some manufacturers use multiple converters on a single chip. While that is one way to fit many converter channels in a single rack space while lowering costs, it comes at a steep cost in performance. At Lynx, the analog signal path for each channel has been designed as a self-contained and shielded circuit. Each channel pair has its own dedicated conversion device. This has many sonic advantages by significantly reducing crosstalk and distortion while increasing dynamic range and performance.
- 1U format.Onboard 32-channel microSD recorder for direct recording and playback.
- Upgradable modules including a pre-amp, analog summing and digital connectivity (AES3+ADAT).
- Two audiophile-grade headphone outs with independent volume controls.
- 1-in 3-out word clock with Lynx’s second generation SynchroLock 2 technology.
- Future-proof LSlot design with swappable USB, Thunderbolt, ProTools®|HD and DANTE cards.
- Full Windows and OSX compatibilityRoad-ready rack-mount reinforced chassis
- 24 Bit - 192 kHz mastering grade A/D and D/A conversionDesigned and built in Southern California, USA
- Future-Proof Design
Line in L/R
- THD+N: -108dB @1kHz, -1dBFS, -104dB @1kHz, -6dBFS
- Dynamic range: 117dB, A-weighted
- Frequency response: ±0.10dB, 20–20kHz
- Crosstalk: -120dB maximum @ 1kHz, -1dBFS signal
Line out L/R
- THD+N: -107dB @1kHz, -1dBFS, -106dB @1kHz, -6dBFS
- Dynamic range: 117dB, A-weighted
- Frequency response: ±0.01dB, 20–20kHz
- Crosstalk: 120dB maximum @ 1kHz, -1dBFS signa
- I/O: 8 inputs and 8 outputs, 24 bit AES/EBU format, transformer coupled
- Sample rates: All standard rates and variable rates up to 192kHz in both single-wire and dual-wire modes
- Analog I/O ports: 25-pin female D-sub connectors
- Digital I/O ports: 25-pin female D-sub connectors
- External clock: 75 Ω BNC word clock input and output
- MIDI (firmware updates only): One input and one output. Standard optoisolated, 5-pin female DIN connectors
- AC power: 100 / 115 / 230 VAC, 70 watts
- Size: 1.75" H x 19" W x 9" D
- Shipping weight: 12 pounds
- Certifications: CE and FCC Class B EMI, CE product safety
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Lynx SKU SLYNAURORA32NHD Model AURORAN32HD GTIN NA
£4,299.00 (inc. vat) £3,582.50 (ex. vat)
£5,499.00 (inc. vat) £4,582.50 (ex. vat)
£7,099.00 (inc. vat) £5,915.83 (ex. vat)
£3,079.00 (inc. vat) £2,565.83 (ex. vat)