Korg Volca Beats
The Korg Volca Beats is a compact synthesizer, this true-analog synth allows you to create a diverse array of fat sounds that can be obtained only from an analog synthesizer. Multiple volcas can be used in tandem via the vintage-style sync in/out, and with your favourite DAW software or MIDI keyboard via MIDI In. Battery operation and built-in speakers mean that you can conveniently play anywhere and anytime. These are the next-generation analog synthesizers, bringing you the ultimate sounds and grooves with ease and depth. Whether used together or by themselves, the volca series is poised to inject true analog power into any performance or studio setup.
Korg Volca Beats Features
Real analog sounds created with reference to classic rhythm machines
The volca beats provides six of the sounds for which the greatness of analog shines most clearly: Kick, Snare, Hi Tom, Lo Tom, Closed Hi Hat, and Open Hi Hat. Paying careful attention to the standard sounds that are indispensable for dance music and that are included on numerous synthesizers and sampling CDs, we've designed powerful new sounds that could not be produced by any means other than analog.
Maximum impact from minimal parameters - a unique advantage of analog
The volca beats provides a carefully selected minimal set of parameters that let you quickly create the drum sound you want. For example, simply by using the three knobs Click, Pitch, and Decay, you can create an incredible variety of kick sounds, ranging from rough sounds that dominate the low range to tight sounds that keep a precise beat.
Regardless of the settings, all of these sounds will have great presence and density, and will deliver the convincing power that's possible only from an analog sound generator.
PCM sound engine covers sounds for which analog is unsuited
The PCM sound engine is used to cover sounds for which an analog synth is unsuited, such as Clap, Claves, Agogo, and Crash. We've also paid attention to the PCM engine, and have reproduced the rough lo-fi sound of the '80s. These sounds are a good match with the analog drums, and you can also create even more distinctive sounds by changing the PCM Speed to dramatically raise or lower the pitch.
- Type: Analog synthesis (Kick, Snare, Hi Tom, Lo Tom, Closed Hi Hat/Open Hi Hat)
- PCM: synthesis (Clap, Claves, Agogo, Crash)
- Kick: Click, Pitch, Decay, Part Level
- Snare: Snappy, Pitch, Decay, Part Level
- Tom Hi: Pitch, Lo Pitch, Decay, Part Level
- Hi Hat: Closed Decay, Open Decay, Grain, Part Level
- PCM: PCM Speed, Part Level
- Number of part: 10
- Number of Steps: 16
- Number of Recording Patterns: 8
- Audio Output: Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync: Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V) , Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum Output level: 5V)
- MIDI: In
- Battery Life: Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries) Power supply AA alkaline battery ×6
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 193 × 115 ×45 mm / 7.61 x 4.54 x 1.78 inches Weight 372 g / 0.82lbs (Excluding batteries)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Korg SKU SKORVOLCABEATS Model VOLCABEATS GTIN 04959112108684 Single or Pair N/A
£1,596.00 (inc. vat) £1,330.00 (ex. vat)
£838.80 (inc. vat) £699.00 (ex. vat)
£1,249.00 (inc. vat) £1,040.83 (ex. vat)
£529.00 (inc. vat) £440.83 (ex. vat)