The Korg Odyssey is a recreation of the legendary ARP Odyssey synthesizer that was originally produced in 1972. With the assistance of the co-founder of ARP Instruments David Friend, Korg has reproduced the original circuitry for artists looking to recreate classic sounds or explore new ones. The ARP Odyssey has been downsized to 86% of the original ARP Odyssey. Carefully selected parts are used in the familiar slider section, providing an operating feel that's even smoother than the original. In order to deliver a more powerful analog sound, a DRIVE switch is provided as a new function. Turning this switch on makes the VCA distort, generating a rough and raw sound.
The connectors provided on the original ARP Odyssey differed by production date, but based on Rev3 of the original, the ARP Odyssey brings the specifications up to a modern standard. In addition to a MIDI IN connector and USB-MIDI port, we've added a headphone jack with adjustable volume. The XLR output jacks which had been unbalanced have been changed to noise-resistant balanced outputs.
- 2VCO. The duophonic design allows two different pitches to sound when you play two notes.
- The high degree of pitch stability for which the ARP Odyssey was remarkable in its time has been perfectly reproduced.
- Pitch is variable over a wide range of 20 Hz--2 kHz.
- Pitch modulation and pulse width modulation can be controlled.
- Oscillator sync provides sharp, great-sounding overtones extending into a high range.
- Noise generator provides two noise types: white and pink.
- Powerful LFO can be used as a modulation source for the oscillator or filter, or as a trigger source for sample & hold.
- Ring modulator generates metallic sounds with rich overtones.
- The distinctive S/H MIXER lets you easily create sample & hold sounds by using the oscillator or noise generator as a source that's triggered by the LFO or keyboard.
- The three types of low-pass filter found on different production runs of the original ARP Odyssey are all provided. With a single switch you can select any one of these filters with their differing characteristics: TYPE I (Rev1) is a 12 dB/octave filter with a sharp and punchy sound, TYPE II (Rev2) is a 24 dB/octave filter that's great for thick low sounds, and TYPE III (Rev3) features excellent stability even when the resonance is increased.
- A wide variety of modulation sources such as S/H, LFO, ADSR, and AR can be used to modulate the filter.
- A high-pass filter is provided following the low-pass filter, giving you even broader sound design possibilities.
- A new function, the DRIVE switch generates extreme and aggressive sounds.
- VCA GAIN slider leaves the note sustaining. Ideal for sound design.
- Envelope generator with two types: ADSR and AR. This can be used not only for the VCA but also to modulate the filter or oscillator.
- Keyboard: 37-note (Slimkey, No velocity sensitivity, No aftertouch)
- Maximum Polyphony: 2 voices for duophonic; normally monophonic
- Transpose Positions 2 octaves down, normal, 2 octave up
- Proportional Pitch Control b (Pitch down) Pad: about -2 / 3 octave - (Modulation) Pad # (Pitch-up) Pad: about +2 / 3 octave
- Noise Generator: Noise Spectrum Types (white and pink)
- Maximum Speed about 0.01 msec./oct
- Minimum Speed about 1.5 sec./oct
- VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator):
- Waveforms - Sawtooth, Square, Pluse (Dynamic Pluse)
- Frequency Range - VCO-1 in low freq. mode, 0.2 Hz – 20 Hz: VCO-1 and VCO-2 (audio range) about 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Warm Up Drift - 1/30 semitone from turn on max
- Pulse Width - 50 % – 5 %
- Pulse Width Modulation - ADSR, +45 % LFO, +15 %
- Voltage Controlled Response - 1 V/oct
- Maximum Frequency Shifts - LFO sin wave, +1/2 oct. LFO square wave, +1.5 oct. ADSR, +9 oct. S/H, +2 oct. * VCO-1 is low note priority, VCO-2 is high note priority.
- VCF (Voltage Controlled Filter):
- Types - Low pass (I: 12 dB/oct., II III: 24 dB/oct.)
- Frequency Range - 16 Hz - 16 kHz
- Maximum Usable Q - 30
- Resonance - 1/2 - self oscillate
- Voltage Controlled Response - C3 key (left edge): 0 V C6 key (right edge) 3 V
- VCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifier) Dynamic Range: 80 dB
- Ring Modulator:
- Type - Digital
- Input Signal - VCO-1, VCO-2 (square wave)
- Power Supply: AC adapter jack (DC 9V)
- Power Consumption: 6.5 W
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 502 x 380 x 120 mm / 19.76" x 14.96" x 4.72"
- Weight: 5 kg / 11.02 lbs
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Korg SKU SKORODYSSEYBSTK Model ARPODYSSEY GTIN NA Single or Pair N/A