The new Holophone H2-5.1 contains all of the quality of our Award Winning H2-PRO microphone in an industry standard 5.1 channel package, at an affordable price. Its flexibility, ease of use, and performance make the H2-5.1 ideal for recording live events and in-studio use. It is well suited for television broadcasters (standard TV, DTV, and HDTV), radio broadcasters, music producers and engineers, film location recording crews, and for independent project studios. All surround sound recordings from the H2-5.1 are discrete and in real-time, thereby very easy to bring into any broadcast or studio environment, manipulate, mix and/or encode into any/all of the standard consumer playback formats - Dolby, DTS, Neural Audio and Circle Surround. The H2-5.1 provides engineers and producers total control over all incoming, discrete surround sound audio signals and delivers those signals in an intuitive way.
The Holophone H2-PRO Surround Sound Microphone is entirely compatible with all standard analog and digital I/O devices that accept up to eight channels and provide phantom power including hard disc based recorders, multichannel preamplifiers, standard multichannel I/Os, and all mixing consoles. The unique and recognizable, elliptical shape of the Holophone H2-5.1 emulates the characteristics of a human head. Sound waves "bend around" the Mic head as they do around the human head providing the most accurate spatiality, audio imaging, and natural directionality of any audio capture device. Capturing the directionality of these soundwaves translates into a very simple to operate and realistic surround sound experience. The total surface area of the six individual elements combines with the spherical embodiment of the H2-5.1 to capture the rich acoustical textures required for true surround reproduction. The embodiment itself acts as a acoustic lens capturing massive lows and the cleanest of highs. A complete soundfield can be easily and accurately replicated without the use of additional microphones - a simple point-and-shoot operation.
The Holophone H2-5.1 is the only microphone capable of recording up to 5.1-channels of discrete surround sound. The H2-5.1 terminates in six XLR microphone cable-ends (Left, Right, Center, Low Frequency, Left Surround, Right Surround). These co-relate to the industry standard 5.1-channels in a home theater system. Recording engineers and producers have total control and flexibility over the incoming, discrete surround sound audio signals and may choose to use as many or as few channels as any surround project requires as channel assignments are discrete all the way from the recording and mixing process to final delivery.
The Holophone H2-5.1 Surround Sound Microphone is a breakthrough for all audio professionals recording surround sound. It greatly simplifies the complex issues of microphone placement in any environment, taking the guesswork out of capturing surround sound. Entirely compatible with all surround audio mixing and playback systems, the H2-5.1 also enhances mono and stereo mixes. It is the perfect cost effective front-end solution for all professional surround sound audio applications.
Holophone H2 Pro 5.1 Features
- The only patented microphone system to capture natural and discreet multi-channel surround sound: up to 5.1 channels (left, center, right, left surround, right surround.
- Takes the guesswork out of recording surround.
- Lightweight and inexpensive solution to instantly capture live surround sound for professional recording or broadcast.
- No mixing, signal manipulation or processing is required, direct and discrete signal path from the mic to the monitor.
- Easy set-up, point and shoot operation with plug and play capability.
- Compatible with all eight-channel mic preamps, location recorders and recording consoles providing phantom power.
- Compatible with all surround sound encoding/playback formats (Dolby, DTS, Circle Surround, Neural Audio, etc.
- Rugged design for outdoor environments
- The new Holophone H2-5.1 Surround Sound Microphone is the only patented device specifically designed for capturing discrete 5.1 channels of surround sound for all professional audio applications.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Holophone SKU SHOLH2PRO51 Model SHOLH2PRO51 GTIN N/A Single or Pair N/A