Hire: Terms and Conditions
Studiocare Professional Audio LTD. Conditions of Hire
- For the purpose of these conditions, "The Company" shall be deemed to refer to "Studiocare Professional Audio LTD”, and “The Customer” to any company, partnership or individual, who shall enter into any hire agreement with Studiocare Professional Audio which, under the terms of English Law, might be defined as a contract.
- All equipment hired remains the property of the Company.
- Hire charges are based on the period of the contract irrespective of whether or not the equipment is in use.
- Hire commences upon delivery to the Customer and ceases upon return to the Company. Equipment is not regarded as returned to the Company until it is checked and inspected by an authorized member of the Company's staff.
- Equipment hired will be entirely at the Customer's risk during the hire period and the Customer will be responsible for any loss or damage thereto howsoever arising. The Customer undertakes responsibility for insuring equipment against "all risks" to full replacement value. Any loss or damage to the equipment is to be reimbursed to the Company by the Customer to the full replacement value thereof.
- Customers deemed as being non-account customers, are required to pay the full invoice charge prior to any hire. The company reserve the right to charge the full replacement or repair cost against any loss or damage of hired or loaned equipment. The customer will be notified as to the current replacement cost relating to the loss of any equipment. The customer will have seven days to return any lost equipment before any charge is made. If the equipment is returned within the seven days, a charge will be taken for the subsequent hire.
- All invoices outstanding beyond 30 days of the invoice date will be referred to Daniels Silverman Limited and will be subject to a surcharge of 15% plus VAT to cover the collection costs incurred. This surcharge together with all other charges and legal fees incurred will be the responsibility of the customer and will be legally enforceable
- The Customer will be responsible for ensuring that any relevant regulations, rules, or statutory provisions governing, or relating to, the use of the hired equipment are complied with during the period of the hire and the Company in no way assumes liability for the consequences of any non-compliance with any such regulations, rules or statutory provisions
- Equipment will be supplied to the Customer in normal working order. The Company's liability for any defect, or failure of the equipment hired is limited to the rectification of any defect or failure arising from normal usage.
- The Customer undertakes to ensure that the Company's equipment shall not be used for any purpose beyond its capacity or in any manner likely to result in undue deterioration of the equipment
- The Company cannot be responsible for any injuries to personnel or damage to property consequential to and arising from any improper use of the equipment by the Customer or by any other person, whether or not authorised by the Customer, during the period of Hire.
- Any damage to, failure of, or defect in any hired equipment must be notified to the Company within 24 hours of its occurrence. In the absence of such notification the Customer will be charged with the cost of repair or replacement.
- The Customer will be responsible for advising the Company as to the location of the hired equipment during the period of hire, and of any changes in such location. No equipment hired from the Company may be taken outside the Mainland of Great Britain, either to any off-shore island or to any foreign country without the written consent of the Company.
- It is an express condition of the hire that the Customer shall not offer for hire to any third party or parties any equipment, which is the property of the Company, without the written consent of the Company
- If agreed hire charges are not paid by the due date then the Company will reserve the right to repossess the hired items and will not be liable for any damage or loss which may be suffered by the Customer as a consequence of such repossession.
- In the event that the Customer wishes to cancel a long term hire contract before the agreed end date, the remaining balance will remain payable to The Company to cover the entirety of the original contract.
- In the event that the Customer wishes to amend a long term hire contract before the agreed end date, the Company may allow the Customer to revise specification, swap components or otherwise amend system design if it is mutually agreeable to both parties. However, such alterations are at the discretion of the Company and the hire fee shall remain as per the original contract.
- By signing the Hire Delivery Note upon receipt of equipment, the customer is agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out above.