Helios Type 69-500 Mic Pre / EQ for 500-Series
The Helios Type 69-500 Mic Pre-EQ 500-Seroes Module is a compact and discrete re-manufacture of the original Dick Swettenham design but with modern additions. The Re-issue Helios Type 69 Mic Pre-EQ features 5db stepped mic preamp gain switch unlike the originals 10db steps leading to more accurate gain setting. For today's high-bandwidth digital recordings the Mic pre-EQ has an additional 16khz EQ frequency selection and balanced output for easy interfacing with any digital converter.
The Helio Type 69 Mic Pre-EQ Module is hand-built and has a Sowter input transformer based on the sought after Lustraphone (Olympic) transformer models. This unit has a fantastic sound with lows and highs that have a sweet pultec sound and mids that are extremely detailed, funky and open sounding.
The Helios Type 69-500 Mic Pre-EQ 500-Seroes Module is designed to be used as an API 500-Series module.
Helios Type 69-500 Mic Pre-EQ 500-Seroes Module Features:
- Faithful Recreation of Olympic Studios legendary mic pre and EQ module
- Custom Sowter 8666x input transformer based on original Lustraphone design
- Improved manufacture with military grade components
- Added 30Hz and 16kHz frequencies for modern full bandwidth recordings
- Five position 10dB stepped gain
- Added polarity switch
- Three-band passive EQ with fixed 10kHz HF Shelving
- Extensive range of midrange frequencies: 700Hz, 1kHz, 1.4kHz, 2kHz, 2.8kHz, 3.5kHz, 4.5kHz, 6kHz and the newly added 16kHz
- Unique LF EQ design with selectable Peaking and Shelving frequencies
- 15dB cut/boost on LF and MF bands, 10dB on HF • External PSU Required
- API 500-Series Format
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Helios SKU SHELT69500MPEQ Model Helios Type 69-500 Mic Pre / EQ for 500-Series GTIN N/A Single or Pair N/A