The Hammond XK-3C is a drawbar keyboard that provides you with the legendary Hammond sound with a smooth, 73-key waterfall keyboard, 18 drawbars. The XK3C was developed by the same manufacturer that's responsible for the warm rock and jazz sounds of the classic B3. The XK-3c is a practical digital edition, that allows for easy transport to your gigs.
This is a used item in excellent working condition.
The construction and aesthetic of the Hammond XK-3C is a callback to the original B3 organ. Slick, wood paneling encases the electronic innards, providing a very classy look. From the player’s perspective, the keyboard boasts a black and brown aesthetic, containing drawbar sliders and a healthy amount of options on the front panel. This isn’t a synthesizer, however, so the amount of electronic options you will see, although varied, don’t litter the front panel.
One can summarize the visual appeal of the Hammond XK-3C in two words—“slick” and “classy.” Whether the keyboard will take up a space on the live stage, backed by other electronic and acoustic instruments, or taking a seat next to synthesizers in your keyboard collection or home studio, the Hammond XK-3C will fit right in. The wood paneling and the simplistic, LED-lit knobs and sliders tell you exactly what the keyboard is supposed to be when you look at it—new technology that provides users with a callback to the early days of Hammond organs.
Hammond XK-3C Features
- digital drawbar keyboard
- sound engine: 2x VASE III (96 digital tone wheels)
- keyboard: 73 (61 + 12 preset) keys, waterfall style
- velocity-sensitive keyboard
- drawbars: 9 (upper) / 9 (lower) / 2 (pedal)
- variable key click
- adjustable leakage noise and motor noise
- combination presets: 132 (12 banks x 11 presets)
- built-in effects (vibrato, chorus, sustain)
- internal Leslie simulation (Advanced Digital, two rotors)
- valve preamplifiers: 12AX7 and 12AU7 (with overdrive control)
- CompactFlash port for storage
- LCD display (2x20 characters)
- pitch bend and modulation wheels
- MIDI: 5 templates, 5 assignable zones
- stylish housing with walnut finish
- Dimensions: 46.9 X 15.75 X 4.7 Inches (1,190 x 400 x 120 mm)
- Weight: 40.8 Lbs (18.5 Kg)
- Midi in (pedal)/ in (lower) /out (din)
- Line out (l/r): 2x 1/4" mono jack)
- Headphone connector (1/4" jack)
- Leslie connector (11-pin)
- Expression pedal (exp-100) (8-pin)
- Send/return (ext. In) (2x 1/4" jack)
- Foot switch (1/4" jack)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Hammond SKU SHAMXK3CU Model XK-3C GTIN NA Single or Pair No