Grace Design M801 8 Channel Preamplifier
The Grace Design M801 is an 8 channel microphone preamplifier that delivers unmatched audio performance with massive headroom and ultra-wide bandwidth which result in an open, musical character.
Each channel offers 48V phantom, phase reverse and a 20dB pad. Gain controls are Grace Designs finest 24 position gold contact rotary switches, wired with 1% metal film resistors for maximum audio performance and perfect reset-ability. All components, active and passive, are selected for pure audio performance and long term reliability.
A standard feature of the Grace Design M801 is the popular Ribbon mic mode which shifts the preamplifier’s entire gain range up 10dB, while deactivating 48V phantom power, optimizing input impedance and bypassing the decoupling capacitors.
Grace have also added a secondary output for each individual channel which allows you to send the signal to a secondary recorder, workstation or console which can be extremely useful when working with outboard equipment and you dont want to fully commit to the sound recorded.
Grace Design M801 Features:
- Fully balanced, transformerless design
- All new, higher-current outputs drive even longer cable runs
- Ribbon mic mode switch on each channel
- Fast, musical transimpedance amplifier architecture
- Precision 24 position gold contact rotary switch gain controls
- 48V phantom power, 20 dB pad and phase reverse
- No electrolytic capacitors in the signal path
- Sealed gold contact relays for all signal switching
- All electrical and mechanical design elements maximized for absolute purist, audiophile performance
- Large two color LED peak indicator
- Regulated linear power supply with custom wound toroidal transformer
- Highest quality metal film resistors used throughout
- Five year transferable warranty on parts and labor
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Grace Design SKU SGRAM801 Model Grace Design M801 8 Channel Preamplifier GTIN No Single or Pair N/A