Focusrite RED 4 Pre
There's never been a better Focusrite audio interface than the Focusrite Red 4Pre. Featuring four new, specially-developed 'Red Evolution' mic preamps with 'Air' transformer emulation, high-headroom instrument inputs, a new low-noise conversion design plus a grand total of 58 inputs and 64 outputs. Red 4 Pre also incorporates dual Thunderbolt™ 2 ports for Focusrites lowest round-trip latency, and direct connection to Pro Tools | HD systems. Add to that the ability to connect up to 64 additional channels via Dante™ Ethernet-based audio networking and you have one of the most advanced, best-sounding, and most versatile interfaces available today.
The software-controlled mic pres deliver clear, honest audio performance with –129 dB EIN and 63dB of gain, and include Focusrite's unique ‘Air’ effect, authentically recreating the sound of the transformer-based preamps in the classic ISA range - ideal for bringing out the breathy quality of a vocal or adding presence to an acoustic guitar. Red 4Pre's new high-performance conversion system features 'parallel path summing', where two matched converters are run in parallel to increase the signal to noise ratio. They operate at up to 24-bit, 192 kHz sampling - ideal for high-resolution audio - with a dynamic range of 118dB (A-D)/121dB (D-A). The Red 4Pre delivers ≤0.0009% THD+Noise and a frequency response flat from 20Hz to 35kHz ±0.25 dB.
Red 4Pre offers exceptional connectivity. Not only does the Red 4Pre deliver Thunderbolt 2 capability - with dual ports, so you can daisy-chain your hard drives or displays - and Focusrites lowest round-trip latency; it also includes dual DigiLink™ connectors for direct connection to Pro Tools | HD systems and Avid® interfaces. And in addition, Dante Ethernet-based audio networking - the studio interconnect of the future - is built-in. Add extra inputs and outputs right where you need them, with up to 64 channels of any combination of Dante interface, including Focusrite's own RedNet range, for low latency and lower-cost expansion - wherever there's an Ethernet cable.
With its extensive capabilities and beautiful yet robust design, the Red 4Pre represents the perfect balance of form and function, delivering the sound quality, transparency and versatility that audio professionals across the world expect from Focusrite.
Focusrite RED 4 Pre Features:
- The pinnacle of our interface design – Red 4Pre is our best interface yet. Our cleanest mic preamps, best-sounding converters and a build quality that harks back to the original Red series.
- Our best conversion performance – Delivering precision-calibrated digital conversion at up to 24-bit/192kHz, with up to 121dB dynamic range, Red 4Pre's converters feature a 'parallel path summing' configuration to realise our quietest design to date, with an optimal combination of sound quality, noise floor, dynamic range and conversion latency. Exceptional performance makes Red 4Pre perfect for high-resolution audio.
- Dual Thunderbolt™ 2 ports for daisy-chaining – With two Thunderbolt 2 ports, you can connect to the DAW of your choice whilst simultaneously connecting Thunderbolt devices such as hard drives and displays.
- Direct Pro Tools connection – In addition to Thunderbolt, the Red 4Pre offers standard dual DigiLink™ connectivity to Pro Tools | HD systems and existing Avid® interfaces.
- Dante Network Audio enabled – the Red 4Pre includes dual Ethernet ports for Dante™ audio-over-IP networking, allowing you to expand your studio via Ethernet with additional channels anywhere on your network, with low latency and lower cost. Add channels by connecting additional Red or other Dante-compatible components to the Ethernet ports.
- Four Red Evolution Air-enabled mic pres – Provide up to 63dB of ultra-clean gain and offer individual phantom power, setting recall, stereo linking, HPF and polarity invert, plus Air mode, which provides
- Focusrites lowest round-trip latency – Track with your preferred plug-ins and record virtual instruments in real time. Simplify your workflow: run a single mix on your DAW for both overdubbing and mixing, with your plug-ins in place, all the time.
- Expansion done right - add up to 64 extra channels to the Red 4Pre - wherever there's an Ethernet connection. Dante lets you run additional channels over a greater distance, with lower latency and at lower cost, without wasting money on unused hardware.
- Front-panel instrument inputs – Provide easy access to high-headroom instrument connections even when rack-mounted.
- Software Included – Every Red 4Pre includes Focusrite Control software, allowing mic preamp control and the quick and intuitive set-up of mixes and monitors; the Red plug-in suite, which accurately models Focusrite's classic Red 2 and 3 EQ and compression; and Softube's Time and Tone bundle – a unique plug-in pack including four of Softube’s Time and Tone bundle – a unique plug-in pack including four of Softube’s professional quality plug-ins: Drawmer S73 Intelligent Master Processor, TSAR-1R Reverb, Tube Delay and Saturation Knob.
Focusrite Red 4Pre - What's In The Box:
- Red 4Pre
- Power Cable
- Getting Started Guide
- 2m Thunderbolt™ Cable
Focusrite Red 4Pre - System Requirements:
- Macintosh computer with Thunderbolt port(s)
- OS 10.9 Mavericks
- OS 10.10 Yosemite
- OS 10.11 El Capitan
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Focusrite SKU SFOCRED4PRE Model RED4PRE GTIN 0815301006305