Focal Shape 65 - Single
The Focal Shape 65 active monitoring speakers are designed for nearfield monitoring, these monitors have extraordinary quality in the lowest to the highest frequencies so you get the best quality monitoring for your mix. This monitor is simply a must have for any small studio, this monitor will express its full potential from a listening distance of three feet away (1 metre).
The three monitors are all made in France and integrate five innovations to maximise acoustic transparency. Designed to meet the needs of nearfield monitoring, Shape monitors combine an ingenuous design and many settings optimised for the acoustics of small listening rooms.
These innovations provide remarkable acoustic transparency. These new work tools distinguish themselves through the wide and extremely precise stereo image. The bass register is articulated and controlled. The lower mid-range and mid-range benefit from extreme neutrality, and without any masking effects, making equalisation of these essential registers much easier. Finally, the new tweeter is what’s at the source of the very high definition. It efficiently reveals any hissing, and it’s also very precise in the very high end.
Focal Shape 65 Features
- Innovative and affordable nearfield reference monitor with onboard amplification
- Perfect for small studios, editing suites, music composition workstations, and mixing studios
- Integrated TMD surrounds and dual passive radiators increase low-frequency response and harmonic stability
- Radiators provide flexible low-frequency tuning and depth that hold up even when positioned near walls
- 6.5" glass-/flax-/glass-fiber speaker cone delivers extreme mid- and low-frequency definition with minimal distortion
- Innovative M-shaped aluminium-magnesium inverted dome tweeter offers amazing neutrality below 6kHz
- Redefined speaker housing offers even horizontal and vertical dispersion with decreased directionality for broad sweet spot
- Extremely stable Neutral Inductance Circuit (N.I.C.) offers an optimised crossover and reduced harmonic distortion/intermodulation between speakers
- Precision amplification includes high- and low-frequency shelving and adjustable crossover for room-specific tuning
- Includes dedicated highpass filter to accommodate specific subwoofer arrangements
- Powered: Yes
- Power Configuration: Bi-amped
- LF Driver Type: 6.5" woofer with flax sandwich cone
- HF Driver Type: 1" M profile aluminium-magnesium tweeter
- LF Driver Power Amp: 80W
- HF Driver Power Amp: 25W
- Total Power: 105W Class AB
- Frequency Response: 40Hz-35kHz (±3dB)
- Crossover Frequency: Adjustable
- Maximum Peak SPL: 109dB SPL @ 1m
- Features: 3-band EQ, High-pass filter, 6.5" passive side radiator
- Input Types: 1 x XLR, 1 x RCA
- Enclosure Type: Ported radiator
- Enclosure Material: MDF with natural walnut veneer
- Height: 14"
- Width: 8.6"
- Depth: 11.2"
- Weight: 28.2 lbs.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Focal SKU SFOASHAPE65 Model FOSHAPE65 GTIN NA Single or Pair Single